What is the easiest way to get pics into iPhoto

Ian Scarlet

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Plug phone phone into USB cable (I use it for charging anyway), select notification screen on phone and then change USB PC Connection from MTP to PTP and iPhoto will start up automatically and grab your pictures

scgoan

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Plug phone phone into USB cable (I use it for charging anyway), select notification screen on phone and then change USB PC Connection from MTP to PTP and iPhoto will start up automatically and grab your pictures

Ian is correct, this is the easiest and cleanest way to get photos/video into iPhoto.

anon(5962250)

May 5, 2013
Visit site
What is the easiest way to get my pics from my Galaxy into iPhoto? I use Mac computers.

Another "CLEAN" Solution:

Yoink 2.0+ Acts as a temporary Shelf, holding Multiple files straight from the Android File Transfer while you navigate to your desired iphoto destination and Unload them.

NO MORE crazy copying TO and deleting FROM your computer.
This is another fast way to transfer your photos because it's wired and there is NO 'Middle step'. ^However the solution above to plug as Camera seems to be better^ I still wanted to share this one

I tried using Yoink to bridge Dropbox.com and iPhoto, but the site only lets you 'Drag' one file at a time.

Last edited:

AlBos

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
First connect your phone to your mac, then from any screen on your phone, just drag down your finger from the top to get to the notification screen.

You'll see a notification that the phone is connected. Tap on it to get to the other options and selecte "camera".

One disadvantage - iphoto imports EVERYTHING, including album art, dropbox pics, pics from other apps, etc....

stoked1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried this with camera (PTP) selected, and iPhoto happily found and imported my photos, until it came to my videos, when I noticed that it had just picked the first frame of every video I'd recorded.

Any ideas?:-X
Thanks.

Jay Jazayeri

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Here is an easy way I found:
1. Download pictures from Galaxy via Wi Fi or directly to Google plus on your Mac
2. Create an album of the pictures you want to transfer to iPhoto
3. Create a link to share in Google plus from the album
4. Copy and paste the link and email it to yourself
5. Open the email on your Mac and click on the link, to download
6. Download the pictures in your iPhoto and create an album there.