Is a random self-reboot while plugged in normal?

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why the phone might restart itself when plugged in? It has happened twice so far and just now when it restarted I quickly noticed a message about some sort of update? Not sure what happened and this is my first android device.

Thanks in advance.

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Are you rooted ? Maybe it's trying to force the OTA update , would make sense it would only attempt that when plugged in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Not rooted. I did manually do the ATT update myself when I first got the phone which is why I cant explain what the phone would want to update itself. And I also havent read of any other update since that universal search removal update.

ilifecomputer

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It is in a case, though I have checked the button connection and it seems like it's not being pressed. Also so odd that the only two reboots were while plugged into the wall. So curious since no one has reported the same thing.

And as far as I have read and researched, android doesn't update itself without asking first (thats what im most wondering about)?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Could be a power surge, maybe a bad outlet. Have you tried another? Other then that I'm not sure what it is, if it keeps up and your inside 30 days I would exchange it with AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084