Browser Question-Please Help

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android and am still learning. I set my homepage but when I opened the browser, it was set to AT&T. When I hit the back button, the page said About Blank. What is going on? Why doesn't the browser default to the homepage that I set. How do I get back to the homepage when I am done looking at a webpage?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
The first thing you need to do is install Chrome and liberate yourself from the stock browser.

Okay thats doesnt really solve the problem but yes this is a weird occurrence. The stock browser has a tendency to revert back to the att home page. Rather trying to figure it out i installed my browser of choice (chrome) and never had a problem.

As for the home page part. Im sure if you hit the menu button there is an option to goto the homepage...

intoaction66

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who uses chrome notice that it eats up battery a lot more than the stock browser? I downloaded it the other day and didn't even use it too long and it said it used 10%.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The first thing you need to do is install Chrome and liberate yourself from the stock browser.

Okay thats doesnt really solve the problem but yes this is a weird occurrence. The stock browser has a tendency to revert back to the att home page. Rather trying to figure it out i installed my browser of choice (chrome) and never had a problem.

As for the home page part. Im sure if you hit the menu button there is an option to goto the homepage...

I don't see the homepage option.