Mac Book Air not recognizing android when plugged in with an USB

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mac Book Air not recognizing android when plugged in with an

Are you using the data cable that came with the phone? My Macbook doesn't do anything other than charge my SIII if it's not the stock cable

Last edited:

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

Not sure. Maybe you have to download the drivers or connect thru Kies

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the same problem with my mac pro.mi can connect through kies but would prefer another option.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

are you setting it for USB MTTP camera mode?

I dont know if it helps but I also have USB debugging in developer settings enabled. Works fine for me on OSX Lion.

OnTheChesapeake

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

CALL TO ACTION: If you have the problem --> Bug with Android File Transfer on Mac (mac thinks your device is not connected), it has been identified as Issue 36970 on Google's Android Device Open Handset Alliance Project, Code Issues Group.

I encourage everyone having this issue to follow wgutessf's link below to the code group @ Google.com, sign in and STAR THE ISSUE! You can also add a comment (be nice ;) Squeaky wheel, and all...

Thanks & credit to user, wgutessf on the Google Mobile Help Forum, for initiating.

GSiii - /Macbook Pro-10.7.4

On Sunday, September 2, 2012 2:08:19 PM UTC-4, wgutessf wrote:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36970&colspec=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars[URL="https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36970&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars"]https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36970&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars[/URL]

alehul

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Hi

I have my galaxy S3 in camera mode but my mac book air still doesn't detect it.. Any clues?

Aficio

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site

i have i747 and got the ota on 9-18 now neither kies or android file transfer will not connect with usb called att and samsung with no help. this isnt great support from samsung. anyone else have this problem.

bpsanborn

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
A similar thing happened to me on windows 7. I had to re-install the Samsung USB drivers so that the driver could find my phone with its new firmware level. That fixed the problem. Two days later I got a Windows Update message about new Samsung MTP driver.

Aficio

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
the problem is i have a imac before att updated the base band i was able to use both but since. the mac usb reconize the phone i think that kies and android transfer dont. i get a message on the about the software i think tommorrow iam going to call att and get another phone had iphone4 and jb and never had this hind of problems.

KimDiCiro

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. Whats camera mode and how do I go about doing that?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Android File Transfer doesn't work on my MacBook Pro ( Lion ). Tried every combination possible ( charging cables & phone settings ). I'll stick with SyncMate, until something better comes along.:p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante