Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

I tried swift key and Swype. The new Swype is hard to beat, I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    cherrywithns likes this.

Default Re: what keyboard is everyone using? try the jellybean keyboard!!

SwiftKey is the best one I have found but I think you already know that. I thought I would like the arrows but had to disable them since they seemed to always be in the way. I can justify the price since it it an app I use every day and it seems to work perfectly.

The jellybean keyboard is #1 for me. I got rid of text prediction that would pop up over the keyboard and now everything is gravy. That was my main complaint since switching to the S3, and it was driving me crazy, but this keyboard has come to the rescue! Having options like this is nice, but I wish the stock keyboard had not been removed, that is just silly to me. However I have swype beta, and swiftkey 3 installed just in case.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

I tried the swift key briefly but didn't like it since it wasn't a swiping keyboard and so far i think swiping is pretty cool. Tried the Swype one and like it so far as it's predictive text is way better than the standard..

How come nobody worries about the app's ability to log your info that you type? I'm a newbie convert from iOS and have never used anything but a regular iphone keyboard, so forgive my lack of knowledge with these app's.

Actually, I don't even know if I am downloading the right things. This swype one i was talking about is actually called "SlideIT". Is that the same thing? I searched for "swype 3" and "swype beta" but nothing specifically called that came up, and this "SlideIT" keyboard did.

The swift key i downloaded was actually called or made by swift key i think, so that was probably the same one everyone was talking about.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

You can get Swype here:

Swiftkey 3 here:
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by Something Creative View Post
    I tried the swift key briefly but didn't like it since it wasn't a swiping keyboard and so far i think swiping is pretty cool. Tried the Swype one and like it so far as it's predictive text is way better than the standard..

How come nobody worries about the app's ability to log your info that you type? I'm a newbie convert from iOS and have never used anything but a regular iphone keyboard, so forgive my lack of knowledge with these app's.
    iOS logged your info that you typed too.. thats how it learns you typing habits for text prediction and auto correct

I have used swift key and go keyboard, and Swiftkey has been great, especially since v3. However, and I know this is a minor complaint, but I hate the key sounds of Swiftkey; it sounds like a typewriter and it drives me nuts. I prefer the ticking sounds like the iPhone and now the jelly bean keyboard. Thanks to the original post, I downloaded the new keyboard and am liking it so far.

Swiftkey is the best I have found..you know you can turn those key sounds off

Swype on my SG3 and Tab 10.1.

Swype Beta! and I LOVE it!

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

One more Swiftkey user here. I tried the free version for less than a day and then downloaded the paid version. I am amazed at its predictive capabilities while I am typing.

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

Swiftkey thanks to a good recommendation.

ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

GoKeyboard, black theme

Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Since I discovered SwiftKey I'm the faster and more accurate typing person alive.

SwiftKey is awesome amazing superb

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    [unbranded - factory unlocked - i9300]

Swiftkey 3

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Follow me @ItzAstonish

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like swift key

I'd rather Swype than type

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    ~Jae~

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like swift key

I'd rather Swype than type

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    Swype's ok, but I'd rather just hit my spacebar. The swiftkey 3 IS WORLDS better than anything out there as far as prediction.

Most of the time I'm typing a text, I just simply tap my space bar over and over. If I need to click the word, I do. I rarely type out the full word now..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Swyping to me is more difficult especially for certain words. I prefer to use the space bar also seems way faster to me and the new way of texting.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Diordna11 likes this.

Same here, SwiftKey's word prediction & auto correct is way ahead of any keypad I've tried imo it's ahead of jellybeans 4.2 keypad also. Even though jellybeans keypad is one of the best its not better, the way the D-pad & number pad are arranged in SwiftKey is a no Brainer. It's arranged just like a real keypad & the when emailing someone it fills in all the @xxxx.com's you've ever sent or typed, anyway I'm waiting for SwiftKey flow!

I used SwiftKey and I think Ill be sticking with it
    Is that the same keyboard that comes with Stock Jellybean?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Keymonk

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Have tried a bunch of keyboards and my favorite is SwiftKey. It's the most stable of them all too. I love Swype too, but it's laggy sometimes on the gs3 browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Evo Lte with a sick Sense of humor with a rating of 4.0!
    Thanked by:
    tjwolf 

I was originally a big swiftkey fan but they have major issues. It doesn't work in a LOT of apps. They claim its because the developers of those apps send a code not to display predictions in those places...but every other keyboard i tried does show predictions in those same places. Their flow beta also does not "flow" in all of those same places. To top it off the keys are very close together so mistakes are huge...their predictions are good but there are a lot of cases where it changes words you typed correctly to some other word, even if you go back and type it multiple times in a row...that's weird! One other really annoying thing is when they add the .com button on url search windows (google chrome etc) and everytime i go to type a space i get a ".com". Haven't found anything i like as much as iphone keyboard yet..closest is Smartkey i guess.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this or even noticed because everyone seems to be using swiftkey, stock JB, or swype beta, but the 4.1.1 JB update from Samsung brought actual Swype as a keyboard option. It was only a swipe/gesture lookalike in ICS and it was terrible. It never seemed to learn like real Swype does.

I used Swype beta on my old phone and loved it. I have been using the stock JB keyboard with gesture typing on my Nexus 7 and is better than the ICS default samsung keyboard was, but it is not as good as Swype. Give it a try even if you are happy with something else--It's already in there, no installation necessary.

Its amazing to me how crisp and responsive the actual Swype keyboard is in comparison to what I was using in ICS for the last couple of weeks prior to the JB update.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast