Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question When Will the GS3 get (official) Google Wallet?

So I am wondering if anyone has any predictions, thoughts, or news links on when the AT&T Samsung GS3 will get Google Wallet.

I know that there is a work-around to get it to work on the GS3 currently but because it will contain sensitive info (credit card #s) I prefer to wait for an official release.

Let me know if you know why Samy wont let us have Google Wallet, when Samy will let us have Google Wallet. News articles, predictions, thoughts, and everything else is welcome.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

Default Re: When Will the GS3 get (official) Google Wallet?

The announcement on the front page makes it sound like it works. Links within the story take you to google which says it works on GS3 and AT&T, but it still wont run and says unsuppported on my phone.

Jim

It's not quite clear, but if you have a Google sold Galaxy Nexus, you can pop an AT&T sim inside it and Google Wallet works because the device is not sold by the carriers. If you buy a carrier subsidized device, it does not work.

AT&T and Verizon both are going to compete directly with Google Wallet with their own implementation called ISIS.

I feel this is highly anti-competitive regardless if ISIS isn't out yet, they should not get to block this app. I wish the FCC would come in and slap Verizon again and slap AT&T for blocking this.
    Last edited by sniffs; 08-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

oh my! I was looking forward to using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pdelponte View Post
    So I am wondering if anyone has any predictions, thoughts, or news links on when the AT&T Samsung GS3 will get Google Wallet.

I know that there is a work-around to get it to work on the GS3 currently but because it will contain sensitive info (credit card #s) I prefer to wait for an official release.

Let me know if you know why Samy wont let us have Google Wallet, when Samy will let us have Google Wallet. News articles, predictions, thoughts, and everything else is welcome.

Thanks.
    What's the workaround? Does it require your phone to be rooted? Thanks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by nonnarb View Post
    What's the workaround? Does it require your phone to be rooted? Thanks.
    Yes it has to be rooted for the Google Wallet "hack" to work. Search the forums, I'm too lazy to provide a link