Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email counter missing with Nova launchef

Okay I loaded Nova prime launcher. I like it a lot. And this isn't that big of a deal but, when I get email messages I get notice in my notification bar as I did before. But I don't get the little number on my email icon telling me how many actual messages I have like I used to. I use the native email app with my Gmail. I don't really like the Gmail app. Any suggestions. I have tried the email settings. Is this just something I have to live with? I still get notified when I get email. Just not how many. Thanks.

ROM
    CM 10

Default Re: Email counter missing with Nova launchef

I dont think you get any number notification with Nova Launcher for emails and txt messages. Im starting to think that Nova Launcher causes some apps to crash too. Everynow and then the phone will not recognize that the headphones are pluggen in, or the control buttons will switch actions, ie volume up button switches to volume dwon and viceversa. Also I disabled S Voice and intalled Vlingo and when launching Vligo In Car... it crashes. But anyway I digress .... I dont think it shows a number count.

i think you get the counter on the paid version. i havnt had any problems with apps crashing since ive installed nova launcer. then again, its only been one day

Even if you buy the nova prime you should also buy tesla unread notification app seperatly

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have the paid version.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I did download the tesla unread plug in. That should help I think. Thanks.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Okay so I downloaded the tesla plug in. Still does not show unread could take on the email app. Unless I open the Gmail app. So I will either go back to touch with or life without counter. I did download Apex and Go launchers. Same results for all of them.

Tesla has unread not only for sms missed call and gmail

For emails I suggst you to use email widget tjts the only solution so far

But you can use app called missed it. Search google play.
    There you will get notifocation fpr sms email missed call twitter what's app or any app that uses notification bar. Hope tht helps

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks guys. I will try them both. I bought the nova prime for $4. I want to keep using it

Have Nova Prime and the Tesla plugin works for me. GMail in the dock area always has the unread message count...

Mike
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

but I want to use the native email app. Not the Gmail app

I have Nova Prime with the Tesla plugin and mine works across my phone, sms(gosms), and email(stock email client).

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I also have Nova Prime with the Tesla plug-in.

But my stock email does NOT show the counter.

From what I see here, you are the first to report success with the email counter working in the native email app when using Nova Prime with the Tesla plug-in.

How did you get it to work? Please share!

Thanks!

Sorry.. My mistake. My email counter does not work, in fact it always shows 1 no matter how many emails I have. Sorry for the confusion.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

No harm, no foul - thanks for your followup ..................

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I don't believe that Tesla Unread supports any other email clients other than gmail with Nova/Nova Prime. I believe there's some limitation which prevents those apps from reading the count.

Gmail counter works for me but none of my exchange/touchdown emails have a counter, so i usually just use the notification drop down and see how many messages i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytong View Post
    I don't believe that Tesla Unread supports any other email clients other than gmail with Nova/Nova Prime. I believe there's some limitation which prevents those apps from reading the count.

Gmail counter works for me but none of my exchange/touchdown emails have a counter, so i usually just use the notification drop down and see how many messages i have.
    You can use MISSED IT. Its an that's like tesla unread but it supports whatsapp native email client twitter facebook etc

I had to use Go Launcher w/ K9 Mail(still use stock email client with a swipe up gesture on the icon) to get what you were looking for. Like you, I also bought Prime and would like to continue using my purchase however, I do like the notification count working across all messaging apps. I guess I'll bounce back to Nova after its fixed. Curious to see if Go drins ur battery like I have read.

Can someone please explain to me what the teslaunread plug in is? I have nova prime, just installed this plug in but I'm not sure what it's good for? Bottom line, I tried to research what exactly this is & it just kept bringing me to these types of blogs or forums. So I figured, let me ask here...thank you in advance for any help...

Quote Originally Posted by Deinna Granato View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what the teslaunread plug in is? I have nova prime, just installed this plug in but I'm not sure what it's good for? Bottom line, I tried to research what exactly this is & it just kept bringing me to these types of blogs or forums. So I figured, let me ask here...thank you in advance for any help...
    Basically what it does is show you any unread messages you have. From missed calls to missed email's from multiple sources. It will show you a tally count of how many you missed

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador