What Launcher do you recommend?

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got my blue S3 last night at Sams. I am still trying to get my phone set up with apps and such, but I don't really like the 4x4 grid on such a big phone with lots of wasted space. Is there a way to change this on TouchWiz? Last phone was 4" and worked well having a 5x4 grid.

Or do you use another launcher like Apex or Nova? Looking for suggestions to make my S3 awesome!

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i just installed nova the other day and have it set up the way i like. i want to see how much of a hit the battery takes. im new to the gs3, the last android i owned was the original atrix (piece of junk) been on ios since then. dont know about the grid. maybe if you use the pay version you can arrange the grid size.

duman95

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Nova and Apex are two of the most popular ones out there. I sort of like apex at the moment. I like apex's folders a bit more then nova. They are more iPhone like. Both are really good. I am looking at widget locker too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Try ADW.... very nice with a back back up and restore option... extremely versatile....easy to customize

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Nova and Apex are two of the most popular ones out there. I sort of like apex at the moment. I like apex's folders a bit more then nova. They are more iPhone like. Both are really good. I am looking at widget locker too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I like Nova better personally but they are both great and I wouldn't hesitate to use either. I have the paid version of Nova and I know I can change the grid but it ends up messing up the BW clock/weather widget appearance. :'(

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Does Nova improve battery life over stock TouchWiz?

Nova would decrease battery life as you can't disable Touchwiz; it still runs in the background.

That being said, Nova uses a very small and barely noticeable amount of my battery.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Does Nova improve battery life over stock TouchWiz?

Nova would decrease battery life as you can't disable Touchwiz; it still runs in the background.

That being said, Nova uses a very small and barely noticeable amount of my battery.

Agreed. I have Nova launcher and when I get to work, I connect to the guest wifi so it's not cranking on my data plan all day (and with a poor signal in the building). I check Twitter and email a few times a day, maybe make a call or two. My phone burns battery at a rate of 2% to 3% an hour. It's amazing all around. Nova doesn't seem to have any ill effects.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Since this phone has come out there are 3 posts that you'll see everyday: battery life, home screen, and which case to use. All these noobs NEVER read before they post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt