Why Didn't You Get a One X

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I really liked its looks but the lack of external storage was a big minus.* And if I recall correctly only 12 out of 16gb were really available. That killed it right there. If a 32gb model were available I probably would've gotten it.

*no support for USB otg either.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the removable battery and ability to add storage with a MicroSD card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the one x, it was a really nice phone, but it had issues galore. Multitasking sucked, wifi dropped all the time, along with cell signal. Often it would have me on Edge in a location that is 4g, r at times no signal at all. Bluetooth didn't play nice with my car, It also ran slow at times for no reason. Oh, and hyperlinks did not work at all in the stock email app, this was so mind numblingly annoying that i had to get a 3rd party email app on day 1. I got the SG3 because I thought it would be be better, after all it was the most talked about phone. Needless to say the SG3 has been everything I wanted it to be and it is so much better then my hox ever was.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Lack of storage. Non removable battery. I had the HTC Inspire in the past and it froze enough to where I had to remove battery to be able to start up again, couldn't risk not having that option lol. Also, the external speakers didn't seem loud enough. When I had my inspire, I couldn't hear my phone ring have the time. First thing I did when I went into the AT&T store was play same tone, both at highest volume, and the S3 won easy.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Love this phone so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
First of all not a fan of HTC after a past issue.
Im not a fan of sence ui.
No expandable storage (come on who doesent want more storage).
No removable battery (i can be a heavy user and a spare battery is the backup if their is no power source.

This is like an iphone that runs android because it has no removable battery or expandable memory. Seams like a good phone just wont work with me.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

gr8johnson

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I did have one. I went from I phone 4 to One X. Got rid of it because of, bad wifi and cell reception Problems. I did not like the lack of a home button. And of each of the most annoying things was the power button on top and the plug on the side. Very awkward. But the phone felt great in my hand. The screen was great. The camera is better than the S3 in my opinion. And the external speaker is great too. But I love my S3. But I wish the camera was like the One X.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
No removable battery, no expandable storage. Besides, who wants to buy a phone from a company that says even though their phone is not operating correctly it is operating as designed (multitasking).

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My reasons are:

1. No menu button - I know Android is moving that direction with soft menus but I like my menu button
2. No removable storage - with these nice 720p screens I like to load up a bunch of movies so when I'm on a flight I have something cool to watch. 16gb, while fine for most other things, is simply not enough for that.
3. No removable battery
4. Poorer battery life
5. Some bugs/quirks I'd read about it online

Rev.

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Had one as well, bad wifi signal, reception issues like none other! My headphone jack was plagued with static sounding music.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED The screen and feel its lightyears better than the S3. The camera was also quite amazing. But I returned it cause for 2 years, i need a dependable phone, not one that I need to switch in and out of airplane mode to get texts to send or make phone calls. The S3 just works, and the amount of talk and support behind this phone makes me feel comfortable. Plus, I'm stoked to have the extra storage :)

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating over both phones and due to all the above said is why I got my S3 tonight!!

The non removable battery and no expandable storage are huge factors for me.

Last edited:

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Probably when they decided on the unibody design? I suppose they could have put it where the power plug is on the left side and put the power plug at the bottom like a normal phone... But the lack of it definitely turns a lot of people off the phone.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I used the One X for a couple of days from a friend.

1. I actually think the S3 is more aesthetically pleasing. The One X is nice but I like the S3 more.
2. It feels better in my hand and in every day use than the One X.
3. Extra storage.
4. Removable Battery.
5. Button and input jack placement.

In my opinion, too much is made of the screen. When the phones are not side by side, I don't see a difference. I also believe too many people are caught up in mobile talking points as it pertains to the material used by each phone. They both feel solid to me. One has a glaze and the other is matte. With that said, they're both slippery in my hand.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Probably when they decided on the unibody design? I suppose they could have put it where the power plug is on the left side and put the power plug at the bottom like a normal phone... But the lack of it definitely turns a lot of people off the phone.

Ahhhh, the unibody design. The unibody is like the unitard, a sleek modern concept that ain't so great when comes to practical use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy