Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar
01-23-2016 01:49 PM
- There are allot of people who giving wrong information here. You can unbox the "My Calendar" from samsung as many times as you want. when booting the Phone it will automatically be activated again. not to mentiond the god damn annoying error message that My Calendar isnt the default calendar anymore. Its rediculous that samsung is puching its users to use samsung related functions instead of letting them choose theirselves.
So for everyone who is trying to disable My Calendar... its impossible! You can disable it. but as soon as you reboot your Phone or force close the calendar app (RAM sweep function) you will get the error message in the S-planner and My Calendar is back to the default account... even if samsung account is removed from the sync accounts.
Its just plain impossible to only have Google as your default calendar.03-19-2013 10:23 AMLike 1
- Can someone please help me. I can't sync the weather calendar. It will only show the weather for random days. For the past few weeks it was showing the weather only for 4 days in February. Now I look today and its showing the weather for 2 days ago, today and tomorrow. How do I get this calendar to update properly?03-23-2013 07:10 AM
- I didn't see this question answered...so I'll ask it: My wife accidentally entered her calendar entries into "My Calendar." Now she needs a new phone (dropped and cracked the screen on the old one). How can we transfer all of her "My Calendar" entries to the Google calendar so that they will appear on her new phone?
Thanks!03-24-2013 12:24 PM
- This is exactly what I'm getting. I really do not want to have to download the Google Calendar App as I like S-Planner (Samsung's calendar app better). I type into s-planner, it will not update my google+ on my computer. I type into my google+ calendar online, and it immediately updates s-planner. Very very frustrating. It should be so simple and it used to work fine.07-04-2013 10:53 AM
- This is exactly what I'm getting. I really do not want to have to download the Google Calendar App as I like S-Planner (Samsung's calendar app better). I type into s-planner, it will not update my google+ on my computer. I type into my google+ calendar online, and it immediately updates s-planner. Very very frustrating. It should be so simple and it used to work fine.
Open the calendar app, and start to create an appointment. It can be a dummy one, you'll be able to delete it shortly. See up near the top, where it says "Calendar" and underneath it "My calendar"? Tap there, and select your Google account, instead of "My calendar." Now save the appointment. From now on, every new appointment should default to your Google calendar, and will sync with the online calendar.07-04-2013 11:11 PM
- I've spent the last week trying to find the answer to this...How can I get all the"My Tasks" input over the last year in my Samsung Galaxy s3 calendar and export/sync to google calendar or anywhere for that matter (outlook, ?) so I can eventually sync to google calendar?
I've figured out how to get all the events in "My Calendar" by using Calengoo (even though they were all entered in as my calendar events and not as google calendar event). However, I have tried (to no avail) to get the My Tasks out of the native Galaxy/Android calender by using GTasks, Memotoo, Tasks, Jorte, GTasks, Tasks Free, Any.do, Touch Calendar and others. Am pulling my hair out...
Anybody have an answer?07-23-2013 11:36 PM
Can you tell me step-by-step what you did? Here's my issue...
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. My entire life is on the default calendar (not the Google calendar). I just upgraded to a Verizon Galaxy S4 and I want to transfer all the entries on the default Samsung calendar on the S3 to Gmail calendar so I can see everything on my new phone's Google calendar and I won't have any more sync issues. Can you help? Please tell me how you did it - Sprint and Verizon have been zero help.
To be clear - I want to make sure I get all of my PAST calendar entries synced up. I've read some of the above posts, and they seem to be advising on how to get future events synced up.
Thanks!07-31-2013 01:44 PM
- As you can tell from this forum, calendars and syncing are confusing. I have eliminated all of these problems with an app called Business Calendar, which gives much more control over calendar features. To move from "My Calendar" (i.e. inside the phone) to the Google Calendar (i.e. in the cloud on Google's servers and synced across all of your devices), download Business Calendar. In the settings, check "My Calendar" and it will sync with your current default. Then, click on "Import/Export" and follow the menus to export "my calendar" into another format, which you can then import into Google calendar. When you're done, go back to Business Calendar, uncheck "My Calendar" and check "Google calendar" and you will be where you want to be.08-01-2013 04:58 PM
First of all I would like to thank all of you for your various contributions and I hope that some of you will find my contribution here helpful.
I had the same problem than mentioned here. I use Windows 7, I have a Samsung S3 (GT_I9300) with Android 4.1.2 and I tried Kies 188.8.131.5223_2.
I don't reexplain the correct settings with the correct accounts; it was done extensively here above. The problem for me separated divided into 2 parts:
- my future appointments/events: For all future appointments, I will type them into the normal SPlanner (S3 calendar) and be careful NOT to save into "My Calendar" but into my google account "email@example.com", which is not the Samsung google account. The S3 will remember this decision and will keep proposing it for every new event. So I don't need to worry about downloading Apps.
- my past appointments: I have a lot of past appointments in my S3 (Android 4.1.2), but unfortunately saved with "My Calendar". I was not able to sync my S3 with my gmail calendar.
As I have to return my S3 for a microphone problem, I wanted to be sure to have all my data saved, and I don't trust Kies for it after all I read.
Here are the 2 solutions I found which seem to work:
Method A, for calendar/events and contacts:
1) In Kies I chose (under "synchronization" ) to synchronize the S-Planner (calender) for Outlook. The preset folder where to synchronize to is in outlook PersonnalFolders\Calendar
2) I then entered into Outlook (I used Microsoft Outlook 2003). Unfortunately, as I tried the whole afternoon how to fix the problem I cannot remember what the different steps were exactly. But I got the calendar from my S3 onto the Outlook calendar. From here I could export (MENU: "File\Import and export File", than "Export to a file", than "Comma Separted Values (Windows)") to a file which I gave any name and so I had a CSV format file.
3) I entered my gmail account, chose "Calendar", under "Settings", under "Calendar" the option "import new calendar" where you can choose your CSV file and it is done.
4) After that I synchronized manually (I have switched off the automatic synchronization) in gmail and on the S3.
and guess... it worked. I only did it for the events. It probably would work for contacts (which i only saved into Outlook)
Method B, for SMS:
I initially tried with MyPhoneExplorer (here "MPE"), but gave up after the program could not find my S3. I than tried method A. After method A worked, I still wanted to be sure to have my SMS saved. I did it with a USB cable, so it is important to activate the USB debugging on the S3; only after I did that Windows 7 installed the Samsung Android ADB Interface.
1) Download the MPE onto your PC and get the App onto the S3.
2) In MPE clic on "connect device".
3) You will see the various items: contacts, phone lists, organizer and SMS. They were downloaded and I made a back up of all of them. In that way I could download all my SMS and store them onto the PC.
It was a little bit long. I hope that this is of any help to one of you. I have not yet restored my data, as I will wait for the repair on my S3 to be done, but I hope that as I have everything on my PC I will be able to restore it onto the S3. Good luck in your quest with synch&Co.09-04-2013 06:48 PM
- I can get my google calendar and galaxy to sync (I understand the difference between My Calendar and Google Calendar) but when I add calendars i.e. the downloadable Lakers calendar, it appears to the Google online calendar, but doesn't sync to my galaxy. Any suggestions?10-14-2013 11:13 PM
- 10-23-2013 10:23 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- AT&T Galaxy S III
Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD