Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Lightbulb Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

So happy I didn't have to reload anything because I think that is beyond me this afternoon. opening my calendar, adding (not saving) an event, pressing right arrow in the calendar section and selecting google did the trick. Thanks for the information.

Default Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

Really helpful advice. Thanks. Finally over the non-sync'ing frustration.

Thank you for the visuals, too! Very helpful.

I discovered that the automatic Calendar Sync feature had been disabled on my Google accounts. So I went to Settings > Accounts > and selected my Google account, scrolled down to Calendar, and check-marked it. I have multiple Google accounts (personal and business Apps) so I had to do this for both of them.

My clue was that I could manually sync my calendars, but that they did not automatically sync. If you have this similar problem, this might be the way to fix it. (The question is, of course, HOW did the SYNC boxes become unchecked? I suspect it happened during a system upgrade of the Android OS, if I remember the timing of when I noticed this issue.)

ahha

I was not even seeing the sync checkboxes in my google acct under settings.
    I had to go into SETTINGS > DATA USAGE. then Menu button > opens list with checkboxes. Check AUTO SYNC DATA.

Yay!
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

I am working with a Shared Calendar and there is only one person given the rights to add events. She has added events (through a desktop) but they do not appear on the other mobile shared calendars. Please explain what the issue is. Thanks!

BTW - the issue is with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and an IPhone.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234