Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Lightbulb Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

So happy I didn't have to reload anything because I think that is beyond me this afternoon. opening my calendar, adding (not saving) an event, pressing right arrow in the calendar section and selecting google did the trick. Thanks for the information.

Default Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

Really helpful advice. Thanks. Finally over the non-sync'ing frustration.

Thank you for the visuals, too! Very helpful.

I discovered that the automatic Calendar Sync feature had been disabled on my Google accounts. So I went to Settings > Accounts > and selected my Google account, scrolled down to Calendar, and check-marked it. I have multiple Google accounts (personal and business Apps) so I had to do this for both of them.

My clue was that I could manually sync my calendars, but that they did not automatically sync. If you have this similar problem, this might be the way to fix it. (The question is, of course, HOW did the SYNC boxes become unchecked? I suspect it happened during a system upgrade of the Android OS, if I remember the timing of when I noticed this issue.)

ahha

I was not even seeing the sync checkboxes in my google acct under settings.
    I had to go into SETTINGS > DATA USAGE. then Menu button > opens list with checkboxes. Check AUTO SYNC DATA.

Yay!
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

I am working with a Shared Calendar and there is only one person given the rights to add events. She has added events (through a desktop) but they do not appear on the other mobile shared calendars. Please explain what the issue is. Thanks!

BTW - the issue is with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and an IPhone.

Thank You!!!!! I used this fix to resolved my issue.

I have a COMPLETE SOLUTION for this problem,
    first I must say this problem appears ONLY in SAMSUNG devices... Samsung is giving real bad reputation for android... there are much better companies like LG, HTC, and Sony.
    This is the source of the problem:
    in Samsung devices your calendar is synced both with the normal Google-Calendar and with the stupid Samsung-Calendar. So if you add items to your Google-Calendar (on PC) you'll see them on your device too.
    HOWEVER, new events that you create on your galaxy are added by default to you Samsung-Calendar instead of the normal and good Google-Calendar.
    Samsung Calendar is a black hole! you can't see these items anywhere and there's no built in way to sync them.

How to fix it:
    =========
    Generally : you can use iCal Import/Export 2.2 application to export the events from Samsung-Calendar and to import them into Google-Calendar, and then get rid of Samsung-Calendar and stay only with the good Google-Calendar.
    Details:
    1. install Google Calendar application (if you don't have one. Afterward you'll be able to keep using samsung calendar application (or S Planner) if you prefer.
    2. Install and open the application "iCal Import/Export 2.2"
    3. Click ok few times
    4. click "Export", "Choose Calendar", and click on "Samsung Calendar"
    5. click "Continue" at the bottom of the screen
    6. instead of Email choose "Internal/External memory", and set filename as "samsungcal.ics"
    7. click "Start Exporting" at the bottom of the screen
    8. click "ok" and then "no thanks"
    9. click on the bottom of the screen on "Active Calendar: Samsung Calendar", then "Choose other calendar", and choose the calendar of your gmail account (not samsung)
    10. click "Continue" at the bottom
    11. click the back-button of the nexus
    12 click "Import"
    13. click "Select file", and find the file "samsungcal.ics" (it will be just after the long list of folders). click on this file.
    14. Click "Continue" and let it import everything

Now all of your samsung calendar is duplicated into your google account, so you can get rid of Samsung account:
    15. exit the application of "iCal Import/Export", click "not now" and "no thanks"... if asked
    16. open the "S Planner" app -> Settings button -> Calendars ->untick "Samsung Calendar" and "My Calendar" and keep only Google Calendar and holidays calendar (and possibly tasks).
    17. verify that you don't see double events
    18. go to phone settings -> Accounts -> Samsung account -> click the mail -> cancel the sync of the Calendar (you can cancel sync of Contacts too, because the phone uses google contacts anyway)

Now sell your stupid Galaxy and buy android phone from any other brand...

I also have had no trouble keeping the "my calendar" option turned off. 100% Google Calendar, no problems. I also have all of the Samsung apps turned off and this causes no problems.

What do you mean "my calendar"? is that the one that comes preloaded on the phone?

So how do I tell it to use the gmail calendar cuz mine is not syncing either. Did you get it to work using the samsung calendar on your phone or you had to use a different calender?

Hi guys,

I've just joined. The times and events on my Google calendar on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone are not in sync with my Google Calendar online.

The times for the events on my Google Calandar on my phone are slightly off online.

How do I solve this problem.

My Google calendar on my phone is set up with my gmail account, but still synchronization is not perfect.

Please help!

Hello and welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerz100 View Post
    The times for the events on my Google Calandar on my phone are slightly off online.
    Please define 'slightly' - do you mean a couple of minutes, or do you mean half-an-hour or an hour (an increment that might be accounted for by a Time zone difference)?

Do you have your phone set to automatically get the time from the network? See Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Date and time - is 'Automatic date and time' checked? Is 'Automatic time zone' checked?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

just wanted to say thank-you, i had been trying for weeks, and finally was able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Smith1 View Post
    HI!
    Thanks in advance for taking on me as a techie tutee of sorts... I was using Google Calendar to sync nicely with my SIII and after Sprint upgraded me to (jellybean, I presume), my typing on my computer for the Google calendar does NOT show up on my phone, but if I type on my phone in the Calendar, it DOES show up on my computer... How can I get this to sync both ways? I don't know how to make all my calendars sync (have two) and neither shows up on the phone if typed from the computer... Thanks for your help and patience..
    Blessings!
    j

That sucks. I did it, but I liked the "My Calendar" better.

Kind of a newbie here so bear with me. I have S3 and I use the stock Samsung calendar. The Samsung calendar IS linked to my google calendar. I just added an event onto my google calendar on my laptop and it almost instantly showed up on my S3 Calendar. Other times I have received an meeting invite to my google email accounts and the meeting goes to my google calendar as we as my S3 calendar. So everything works well except one thing. One calendar I added to me google calendar (a kids sports schedule) correctly populates my google calendar for the entire year but it does not show up on my S3 calendar. From the above I believe the two calendars are correctly synced. Any ideas on this?

I will also add that when I go to Settings on the S3 there is a section named "Accounts" (do not have to click on this) and under the accounts I see Facebook, Googe, LinkedIn, Yahoo.... When I then click on (or rather touch) "Google" I can manually sync or there are privacy options for Search, Location and Ads.... there is no option here to do anything with my google calendar (form other posts it looks like there should be) This is not really an issue but maybe it plays into my real question above.

Open your Samsung calendar and open the Settings. One of the choices is "Calendars". Touch this and you'll see which of your calendars are set to sync within your Gmail account. Then touch Display and you can check or uncheck any of them. Even though a calendar is syncing with Google calendar, you need to tell your phone to display it.

Like many here I assumed that my hundreds of events and tasks were being synchronized to Google until I bought a tablet to use as a dedicated calendar, only to find that none of my entries had left my phone. I also hadn't realized the distinction between S Planner that ships with the phone, and Google's own calendar app, which I hadn't tried. I was glad to discover this while still having the working phone.

It looks like it may be possible to salvage the events I've entered into Samsung's "My calendar" and import them into Google Calendar as described above using Calengoo, iCal or Business Calendar. But as observed over a year ago, this doesn't deal with all the tasks also entered into Samsung's system, and nobody has reported a way to transfer those. Worse, even if I abandoned all my historical task data and just started using tasks in the online Google calendar, they neither import into my android calendars (S Planner or Google Calendar), nor does the Google Calendar app even offer a way to create a task!

Sadly I find myself having to choose between a system that works well locally, until I lose my phone, or a relatively limited system that is backed up and can be shared. The tragedy is that this is very simple software - it shouldn't take more than a few programmers to create and maintain a decent calendar for the world to use. Hopefully if another year goes by this will be addressed.

Thanks Mike - I've done what you said, but when I sync, it won't do it; it says there is an error. I think I have accidentally disabled another app by mistake which has wiped the sync (as I used to have all my google calendar entries in the calendar and now there is nothing). I'm not sure what other apps I may need to enable again in order to get it to work. Any ideas gratefully received.
    Thanks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234