Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gkamer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got a GS3, PLEASE help with me the home screen !!'

How do I move icons around on a home screen ? I have a screen full of apps and want to move an app to another spot on the screen. But when I tap and hold on an app and move it over another app, it won't switch spots. Im coming from a gnex and it wasn't this hard to move apps around to different spots. Any help?

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

Quote Originally Posted by piczon1983 View Post
    How do I move icons around on a home screen ? I have a screen full of apps and want to move an app to another spot on the screen. But when I tap and hold on an app and move it over another app, it won't switch spots. Im coming from a gnex and it wasn't this hard to move apps around to different spots. Any help?
    As long as you have room on your screen, you should be able to press and hold the icons to move them. TouchWhiz natively creates shortcuts for every app you download. So, if you don't have an open spot, might need to make some space first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Devices:

Galaxy S3 Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2/kt747 TW JB Kernal
    Xoom FE rooted... need modding bad!!! Damn Moto!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by piczon1983 View Post
    It won't allow you to move the app on top of the other so if you want to move an app on the location of the other one you have to move the other one to another location then drag the one you want there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's the problem. It won't move the icons around on a full homescreen but it also won't move them around on a homescreen with only 4 apps!! Any idea what the problem is ?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    It won't allow you to move the app on top of the other so if you want to move an app on the location of the other one you have to move the other one to another location then drag the one you want there.

I see. My nexus doesn't do this. Is this only for the S3 ?

I believe you're talkin about the 7 touch whiz home screens. A screen with no widget will take 16 icons. Once you have 4 icons on a row that's it for that row.

Like others have said icons don't get out of your way. You have to move them to use that space. Jellybean solves that problem nicely but we don't have that update yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Just got a GS3, PLEASE help with me the home screen !!'

When you press on and hold on an icon, a small screen within a screen should appear. This small screen is the area of that particular screen where icons can be move to.

If all the space on that smaller screen is used up, you can't move any apps around, since there is no place left for them to be moved to.

You will notice however that as you press and hold on an icon, a small trash can will appear on the lower right side of the screen that says Delete. If you drag an icon to that trash can it does not delete the app, it merely deletes that apps shortcut icon. The app itself is still in your apps screen.

So if you need to free up some space on a particular screen, drag one or more icons to the trash can to get rid of them. Once you have arranged the screen you are working on to your satisfaction, you can go back to the App screen. Find the apps whose icon shortcuts you deleted and move them to a new screen.

One of the great things about this phone is the number of ways you can configure it. It's been said there are 221,184 ways to order a Whopper at Burger King. I think that pales in comparison to the number of ways you can configure this phone
    myteemike870 likes this.