Communication failure.

Kevinskeep

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was looking in my software updates on my s3 and every time i check it says that their is a communication failure, i wouldn't think this was a problem other than i havent recieved one update since i got this phone and i still have the old build number with universal search. i tried downloading kies but that isnt working on my computer correctly. What should i do?

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue....just go to at t tell them your problem and they should swap your SIM card for a new one. I did that and it seem to have fixed that issue

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No swapping your SIM card does not change your phone number, you would have to request a new phone number from the AT&T CS person that you work with. Getting a new number may have an associated fee/charge with it not sure.
The whole process shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes in the AT&T Store where you purchased the phone.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting through communication failure as well. I'm gonna try this on Monday and see if it works, thanks for the info.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Am curious if any of you guys have Juice Defender or Avast anti-virus installed. When I went to the ATT store a week or so to ask why I get the failure notice, a rep said that third party apps like these may cause problems. I also emailed JD support and they said that they have been getting emails about the problem and that it might be wise to remove or disable it and try it then. I actually don't care that much about the most recent update as it seems there are problems with it, but I definitely want to be able to get the JB update when that happens. Please let me know if anyone here is using the apps I mention etc. Thanks.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have either of those and I continually get the communication failure as well. I'm gonna try the sim card thing and hope that works. The newest update may have its issues but I'd still like to be able to update my phone as needed if necessary.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
OK thanks.. I actually chatted with a Sammy tech support rep and he also said that a battery optimizer or anti-virus should not interfere with the update. So will go to the ATT store and get a new SIM.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
@jontalk if you get a chance to go before I do, can you post and let us know if it worked for you as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro