My GS3 often has trouble determining my location if I'm not on wifi or with gps enabled. My Atrix on AT&T never had a problem with location using the network only. Does anyone else have this problem using their GS3 or with LTE in general?
    08-06-2012 08:30 AM
    Ok so I'm noticing right now at my job it's also having problems locating me on gps as well. I get my location shown using Google Maps, but using Foursquare and Facebook check-in my location isn't found. Also trying to track myself using Cerberus anti-theft app isn't working. I have also had this problems outdoors in certain places here in NYC.
    08-06-2012 08:37 AM
    So I guess I'm the only one who experienced this problem. Probably just a defective unit.
    08-07-2012 11:01 AM
    I've never been in a situation where I relied on location determination simply based off of mobile networks rather than either GPS or wifi. Matter or fact, on my phone if I don't have the setting checked to use wifi networks (which I don't) and I don't have a GPS signal cause I'm indoors I simply get "Unable to get location data" or whatever the message is. I typically rely solely on GPS as even using wifi networks puts me only in a general area - not exactly where I am or which way I am facing. Though I've turned it on for certain apps that really want your location area, like Yelp, just so I could load what is in the area.

Rev.
    08-07-2012 02:29 PM
    My old phone I only used gps for navigation. But I do check-ins alot on Foursquare and Facebook, and i never turned on gps for that before. But with this phone I'll just get used to using gps more.
    08-07-2012 02:32 PM
    You could check out this app. Doesn't use GPS or WiFi and allows you to choose your location with 1 press on your homescreen:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ftware.whereru
    08-21-2012 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD