anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed over the past week or so that from time to time, using various apps the device will simply 'lock up'?
After about a minute or so, you'd get a message, something to the effect of 'program x not responding, click okay'.

I've noticed it happening more and more. I think it is related to Twitter (I use the default Twitter app) and when I view a tweet with an Instagram link. But, I've not confirmed this yet.

I do which that when I clicked a tweet with an Instagram link it simply previewed it in the tweet, versus opening the browser of the Instragram app.

Anyone else?

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone last Friday and so far I've had no issues with things locking up in general or with Twitter and Instagram links....but If I do I'll be back.

vegasneon

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the twitter thing happen with a pic link- just not sure if it was Instagram.

BTW have you tried looking at your twitter feed in Flipboard? It shows the pics already open- I love it.

Smiles,
Rebecca

Reactions: anon(153966)

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Wait a minute, hold the phone. Are you telling me, I'm the only one that this has happened to?

I'm telling - LOL

No, it's happened to me a few times but I think it's where I'm new to the whole "Android smartphone" thing and maybe not closing things out. :confused: Although a controller app I was trying did close out on me for no reason. :-\

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This only happened to me once when I first got it but none recently...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had one lockup and some minor flakiness with the Nova launcher but only 1 forced restart and I have had it 6 weeks. I am beginning to pile up the apps installed and with that number your odds of getting a mis-behaving app just go up and up...

Mike

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had this twice,the first time was while switching from an game to my email,the phone froze for awhile till I pushed the home button which cleared that issue and the second time was when I turned the phone on after fully charging it.Which I got an error about touch wiz not working,so I pushed force close which flashed once and returned me to the home screen.Not sure why these happened as no more than two apps were open the first time and the second time was during starting up the phone.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My son and I both got the s3 on ATT released day. I noticed my phone lock up quite often the last few weeks. It seems to happened more no my son's phone. From what I understand, it is really coming down to what apps you are running and what customization you did to the phone. I believe the phone itself is fine. It is combination of apps and the OS. I have seen the text messaging issue last few weeks. My stock web browser crashed a lot. I am now using Dolphin browser only. My suggestion is: you need to know when was the last time your phone locked up and what app did you just install? just back it out, the last changed or app installed if your phone start to lock up.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It happens to me more often than I'd like to admit ... it's highly annoying

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

jaimuziq

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed over the past week or so that from time to time, using various apps the device will simply 'lock up'?
After about a minute or so, you'd get a message, something to the effect of 'program x not responding, click okay'.

I've noticed it happening more and more. I think it is related to Twitter (I use the default Twitter app) and when I view a tweet with an Instagram link. But, I've not confirmed this yet.

I do which that when I clicked a tweet with an Instagram link it simply previewed it in the tweet, versus opening the browser of the Instragram app.

Anyone else?

This exact thing started happening to me yesterday while on Twitter, what did you do to rectify? I don't have the twitter app and it's still happening.

bunta

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
i've noticed on my Asus Transformer 700T, when using the Twitter app, if i click a tweet with an Instagram link, it no longer opens the Insta App automatically. It will open a browers (or ask which browser i want to use) with the tweet in it, then additionally it will open another box asking me if i want to use the browser or insta app. It's annoying. i just stopped clicking on those insta tweets.