Brand new User with a quick question

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just converted from an iphone 4S and really love it. Down to business though. When I would get a text the blue LED would blink and I would have an envelope on the lock screen that I could use to go right to the message. I installed GO SMS Pro and now the LED is a solid color and the envelope that indicates a message is no longer on the lock screen.

Is there a way to get the blinking blue LED back and also have that envelope on the lock screen still appear? I'd also like to be able to swipe that indicator and go right to the message in GO SMS if that's possible.

Can I do this?

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I think its an issue with go sms. I have the same issue even when I was on handcent. Never could get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think its an issue with go sms. I have the same issue even when I was on handcent. Never could get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhhh, I actually liked that feature. Maybe i'll go back to the standard text application then. The only real difference in the 2 was that I changed the colors. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the standard messaging app?

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Certain apps make it solid. Wish they wouldn't. I like the blinking light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rmead001

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just to follow up for anyone else who is reading, I managed to figure out a way to get what I want. I disabled the notifications completely for GO SMS and prevented them from blocking the default messaging app. Turned the default messaging app back on and now I am getting them just how I want. With the shortcut to GO SMS on my lockscreen I just swipe that instead of the message bubble and it's working great for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37