Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it likely I could sell a cracked s3 ?

After my first S3 died and I got a replacement, within 48 hours the screen cracked. I didnt drop it- I kept it in a padded sleeve and babied it. Now I seriously hate this thing. AT&T wants another $199 deductible to exchange it- I already paid $199 for it.

So is it likely anyone that tinkers with this stuff would want to buy a cracked fully functional one? Where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Smiles,
    Rebecca

Default Re: Is it likely I could sell a cracked s3 ?

I checked a repair store for just the glass, 250$. Myself personally, I'd rather pay 199$ than 250 and the "maybe" of ebay. How did it crack though, if you don't mind me asking?

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

yea, I would pay the $199.00, and be more careful.

Pay the deductible and get a OB Defender case. Also, don't walk under any ladders. Don't let a black cat cross your path. Don't step on any cracks.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, I'm not paying another $199 for a phone that cracks when barely touched. I refuse to spend any more money on it.

I was asking advice about SELLING it.

Thanks anyway,
    Rebecca

Probably could sell it... But it'd depend on your asking price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go craigslist you can probably get 250 on there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You could probably sell it with the cracked screen on ebay or craigslist. An easier way to sell it would be to pay the $200 to replace it and then you have a brand new one that you can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasneon View Post
    No, I'm not paying another $199 for a phone that cracks when barely touched. I refuse to spend any more money on it.

Thanks anyway,
    Rebecca
    I think you're overstating a bit. I've dropped mine twice screen down on a cement floor from about 4 feet and the only damage was to my slim case. I don't have a screen protector and the OEM thin twin pack case isn't exactly protective.

I have no doubt it cracked, but I will raise my eyebrow at "cracks when barely touched".

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I think you're overstating a bit. I've dropped mine twice screen down on a cement floor from about 4 feet and the only damage was to my slim case. I don't have a screen protector and the OEM thin twin pack case isn't exactly protective.

I have no doubt it cracked, but I will raise my eyebrow at "cracks when barely touched".

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 2
    Ok, more accurately it cracked with no reason! I babied it because I wanted it to be in perfect condition if I decided to return it within my 30 days like I had to do with the FIRST one which after 10 days wouldnt charge or turn on. This phone has never been dropped and has been kept in a padded carrier when it wasnt in my hands. The first one I dropped on a tile floor without even a knick but there is no explaination for why this one cracked.
    I'm not trying to be a hater- the first one sucked and died, this one did everything right that the other one did wrong and then cracked in just under 48 hours. I've had cell phones since the mid 90s and never had a phone get damaged. I would love the phone if it werent cracked. I have never had a lemon of a phone before but somehow I got 2 bad ones with the Samsung s3.

Luckily I can get another upgrade phone in a couple months on my other phone number. It wont be an s3.

Rebecca

And how, pray tell, did the phone "spontaneously" crack?

If I were you, i'd rather pay to get a screen replacement or get it repaired and try and sell for like $500 bucks. No one in their right mind would pay you more than $150 for a cracked phone, even if they know they could repair it for less than it would cost to get a new one.

Do you still have the phone? I would buy it for a fair price.

You would be surptised I bet u can sell it on eBay for about $200
    As long as it works, it can be sold for a decent price, even if the screen is cracked. Hopefully it isnt cracked too much

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    You would be surptised I bet u can sell it on eBay for about $200
    As long as it works, it can be sold for a decent price, even if the screen is cracked. Hopefully it isnt cracked too much
    LOL . . um, mocan & smoothy, doesn't look like this threads author has posted on this thread since 9 Aug.

Rebecca, if you do read this thread again . . .what did you end up doing? The S3's are going for .96 cents this T-Day weekend, so hopefully, if AT&T gave you no satisfaction, you've waited 'til now when you can get one on the cheap. Let us know how things turned-out, if you ever read this again.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    LOL . . um, mocan & smoothy, doesn't look like this threads author has posted on this thread since 9 Aug.

Rebecca, if you do read this thread again . . .what did you end up doing? The S3's are going for .96 cents this T-Day weekend, so hopefully, if AT&T gave you no satisfaction, you've waited 'til now when you can get one on the cheap. Let us know how things turned-out, if you ever read this again.
    LOL! I just realized that...I didn't even check I just answered the question
    winmod21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post

$.96 is only for new contracts though, not off contract price.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    $.96 is only for new contracts though, not off contract price.
    Where can I get it for$.96?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Where can I get it for$.96?
    I forget where I saw this, but I was honestly just quoting someone else that said it. Even if it was only .96 cents it would be on contract only.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

The .96 cents was at Sam's Club a few days ago, I got two.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasneon View Post

Thanks anyway,
    Rebecca
    Well here's your advice if you insist on selling it......... List it for $50. No one will want a device that is cracked unless they can still get it repaired for far less than it's worth. Because it's a hassle to take it in.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Selling, Buying, Trading or Gifting must take place within the Marketplace forums. There are also certain membership requirements that must be met in order to list your product so please check the sticky thread in the Marketplace.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

If it is just the glass and not lcd cracked. You can get new glass on ebay for $25. Just look on YouTube on how to replace the glass

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    If it is just the glass and not lcd cracked. You can get new glass on ebay for $25. Just look on YouTube on how to replace the glass

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    You will ruin your phone if you dont know what your doing or have the right equipment

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Covington View Post
    If youre still willing to buy I have an S3 that Im selling. I just dont want to chance ebay and it not selling.
    What do you mean by "chance it"? (I've never sold anything on eBay, so I'm not sure if there are any risks involved. I too am looking to sell my S3 so I can purchase a new device).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast