Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DanB1969
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone using JuiceDefender on the S3?

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and Android in general. I've really been enjoying my S3 so far, but I have to admit that, coming from an iPhone, the battery life is a bit of an adjustment. I have poor signal at my home and downloaded JuiceDefender Ultimate. It seems to have actually made quite a big difference in my battery life. JD says its improved it by 2x. Is anyone else using this? I'm curious about whether or not it's actually doing anything or if it's even worth using. All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I stopped using JD this morning to test. I have had my phone off the charger for around 20 minutes and it's already down 5%. That's with around 35 seconds screen time. Is that unusual?
    Last edited by shakeman0; 08-08-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Global Posts
    765 Global Posts

I've been using it for a long time. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Anyone using JuiceDefender on the S3?

I second that... I been using it since day one of my SGIII
    The homie Drake said it best.... YOLO!!!!

I love juice defender. It's definitely one app that I don't think I could not have on my phone. It saves me a ton of battery life whenever the phone isn't in use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll definitely keep using it.

I think the app is good.

I think the phones battery is good enough with 4G LTE just keep a car charger lol

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I just downloaded JD for my galaxy S3 and I'm going to see how much help it is. If I don't like it I can always uninstall and no harm done.

It's a great app, particularly in standby. With normal use I can easily go a day and 1/2 between charges without any real loss in performance.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Really never had to use it as my s3 has great battery life without it.

Just got my GS3 late Friday and installed JD yesterday.. Did a battery calibration procedure and with a few calls and some photos today after 22 hours I still have 53% battery.. I'd say that's pretty darned good!

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    my s3 has great battery.
    Clearly you lie! lol
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Nope, Had 14 hours on battery yesterday and still had 46% battery left. No juice defender.

I used to use it on my S2 Skyrocket and it was great. Have not been using it with my S3 because the battery life is so much better. The big advantage of JD is turning off LTE when the phone is idle - it doesn't really help when you are actually using the phone, since the screen is the biggest battery drain. With the S3 (maybe it's the hardware, maybe it's ICS), it seems to use a lot less battery when idle than my S2 - so seems like there is less need for JD, though I am sure that it would extend battery life even beyond what i am getting.
    D.Sandman likes this.

OK folks.. not sure if this is totally unusual but I just looked at the Battery in settings and I am now at 26% and the total number of hours is ONE day, 13 hours or a total of 37 HOURS on one charge using JD.. I'd say it's working fine.

Now if I can just find an email app that lets me view ALL emails regardless of how they are formatted and can figure out a way to be able to see the screen when outdoors, I'll be happy. Am also having to learn the trick with syncing Chrome so I get the bookmarks from my PC, etc.. As a noob its always fun getting a hold on something new, LOL.

Try K-9 mail

First pic is without JD. The second one is with JD on the lowest setting. This is with moderate use. It does help a little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using JuiceDefender on the S3?-uploadfromtaptalk1344958490320.jpg   Anyone using JuiceDefender on the S3?-uploadfromtaptalk1344958603402.jpg  

Sorry got the pictures backwards.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I'm still using it but haven't drawn a conclusion yet

Ok I am an avid droid guy. Jd all the way except rooted Gnex. S3 battery life is about 10% an hour....which frankly isn't terrible. Jd ultimate takes some.learning......check out the brightness section. There is a slider to limit the lowest and highest. Try -30 to 90% ....with the center about 2/3 up in between them. Jd lagged my s3 a bit but I only lost ..............25% in 7 hours!!!!!!!

Basically 2 main things that'll kill a droid. Bright screen in #1 by far. Avg 50% Of the loss per day.

The next is a weak signal. The phone will drain itself badly trying to boost reception. Go WiFi and for God's sake use Google voice. Texts calls and visual vmail all over wifi.

Manage brightness. Stop searching for a signal. And turn off haptic feedback...the vibrate for every little click. My phones usuallynonly charge once a dash for 45 minutes or so.

Droid does way Moreton an iPhone could hope....nova launcher anyone?.....butnyou have to think. I like thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by shakeman0 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and Android in general. I've really been enjoying my S3 so far, but I have to admit that, coming from an iPhone, the battery life is a bit of an adjustment. I have poor signal at my home and downloaded JuiceDefender Ultimate. It seems to have actually made quite a big difference in my battery life. JD says its improved it by 2x. Is anyone else using this? I'm curious about whether or not it's actually doing anything or if it's even worth using. All thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

I stopped using JD this morning to test. I have had my phone off the charger for around 20 minutes and it's already down 5%. That's with around 35 seconds screen time. Is that unusual?

Global Posts
    10,403 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I am on hour 10 ( didn't plug phone in last night and I am at 87%) the battery on the gs3 is as good as the I phone 4s. Dare I say even better. The only thing I do is not sync photos OTA to save battery. GPS and everything else stays on. JD is not used here

I thought JD wasn't optimized for ICS or Jelly Bean OS, but for earlier builds of Androids? Am I wrong? I have held off from downloading it, only assuming that it wasn't really compatible with the newest os from android. LMK! I could really use the extra battery life on the gs3

Hi there

Have you made sure that GOOGLE NOW is turned of as it tracks you all day to learn your life patterns to give you info for lots of things. This is a very impressive function but absolutely hammers your battery.
    I still use juice defender plus and it helps a lot.
    My brother went from an I phone 4 to an s3 a d was going to return because of battery drainage, when I told him to turn of Google now he was amazed to get 15-17hrs out of the s3 and now loves the phone. The look on his face when I started to drag and drop music strait into his music folder was funny after dealing with iTunes for years

Let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by shakeman0 View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks in advance,

Hi there

Have you made sure that GOOGLE NOW is turned of as it tracks you all day to learn your life patterns to give you info for lots of things. This is a very impressive function but absolutely hammers your battery.
    I still use juice defender plus and it helps a lot.
    My brother went from an I phone 4 to an s3 a d was going to return because of battery drainage, when I told him to turn of Google now he was amazed to get 15-17hrs out of the s3 and now loves the phone. The look on his face when I started to drag and drop music strait into his music folder was funny after dealing with iTunes for years

Let me know how you get on.