Unfortunately, contacts has stopped

raultsu

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
i keep getting this error message every few days. its very frustrating. i exchanged the phone and its happening on the new phone as well. any know why this is happening?

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone getting stuck while switching between home screens, or stuttering while swiping up or down? Mine was doing this, as well as the "Unfortunately, Contacts Has Stopped". Anyway, this doesn't make sense to me, but my storage was completely full...SD card & internal memory. So I formatted the SD card and did a factory reset and it's been perfect. I'm trying to keep media on the SD card only...so far so good.

raultsu

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
i happens out of the blue. i have a 64gb sd card and its not even 10% full. the only other thing i can think of is that it might be might gmail account

amh15

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I get this on a Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean. I think it has happened intermittently since I tried to improve my contacts photos with HaxSync. You can clear it up for a couple of weeks by the following process:
- settings
- apps
- swipe across to "all"
- contacts storage
- clear data

note: your contacts will be wiped. This is OK as long as you are online and sync them to Google. They will reappear shortly.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
64gb cards can be used if they are reformatted to fat32, if i remember correctly.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ilikesupport

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, I'm getting the same error when I try to access my contacts. Unfortunately, I cannot find "contacts storage" under applications manager / all. I see "contacts". How can I recover this app? Thanks

ilikesupport

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I get this on a Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean. I think it has happened intermittently since I tried to improve my contacts photos with HaxSync. You can clear it up for a couple of weeks by the following process:
- settings
- apps
- swipe across to "all"
- contacts storage
- clear data

note: your contacts will be wiped. This is OK as long as you are online and sync them to Google. They will reappear shortly.

Hi there, I'm getting the same error when I try to access my contacts. Unfortunately, I cannot find "contacts storage" under applications manager / all. I see "contacts". How can I recover this app? Thanks

ricks1123

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung galaxy note 2. ..I buy 1 month ago and I got this message unfortunately contact has stopped. ..then I have to restart my phone in 1 day more then 6 or 7 time....now I think its my very big mistake I buy Samsung. ..I used iphone more then 4, 5 years I never any problem. ...Samsung like bull company and phones and evry product. ...thanks Samsung for ing us with over money...Samsung mother ing company

- - - Updated - - -

I have Samsung galaxy note 2. ..I buy 1 month ago and I got this message unfortunately contact has stopped. ..then I have to restart my phone in 1 day more then 6 or 7 time....now I think its my very big mistake I buy Samsung. ..I used iphone more then 4, 5 years I never any problem. ...Samsung like bull company and phones and evry product. ...thanks Samsung for ing us with over money...Samsung mother ing company

anon(765929)

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Your fix doesn't work at all.

To see if the fix has worked you need to test it. Test it as follows:

To Reproduce Bug

1. Go to Settings (press bottom left button on phone) and then select Settings
2. Go to Accounts and sync
3. Select xandrani@gmail.com (Google, not Dropbox)
4. In the Data and synchronization list deselect everything accept Sync Contacts
5. Click the Sync now button
6. Press the home key (middle button at the bottom of the phone)
7. Then start the Contacts app
8. Wait for the Contacts app to crash (the phone may temporarily freeze)

Hasan Cypriot

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
hi all, im aware that this post is just under a year old and i had the same problem..
pleased to say that i managed to over come this issue by simply installing 'Go Contacts Ex'
i first tried to fix the problem by simply installing another 3rd party app but didn't solve it, but go contacts ex did..
just wanted to put it out there for anyone else who comes across with this problem..

good luck :)

mrbi11

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, contacts has stopped/We were all warned...

re: "We were all warned about the inferior performance now we pay the price. The constant interruption and inconsistencies of the contact function is unacceptable"

Wow, I was warned it would be faster and it was! Guess you should get a more optimistic warner! :)

Nishit Bera

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
yesterday i had received a call from a frnd whose no wasn't saved so i synced it will his account which had only one no after doing it i repeatedly pressed the back button on my android and got to the main screen as soon as i did there was an error msg saying unfortunately contact has stopped i was scared but after i turned my phone off n on again there was no problem till now there is isn't the problem of unfortunately contact has stopped i am able to receive calls send msgs even dail nos even sync my contacts

Joanna Hargis

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I did none of those things and mine crashed....still I don't know entirely what triggers this failure. But here's how I fixed it: None of these recommendations are right. Just go to the place where you view ALL apps in your phone...and you will need to look near the bottom of the list despite the alphabetical order for disabled apps to find the app called Contacts Storage. You will see that it is disabled. So ENABLE it. And go on with your life.

Of course, a hard reset will fix it temporarily but what a pain in the **** that is, and you lose a lot of things when you do that. It is the lazy support suggestion for a fix...my fix is not going to be permanent, I suspect. However it takes a few seconds to do and it brings it back into operation immediately with no data loss what-so-ever. Now the bug that causes this must be defined and fix for a permanent solution but meanwhile this works very well.