Can't receive texts

ColetonAM

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Galaxy S3 since day one and today it stopped receiving any text messages. I can still send messages, use data, and receive MMS, but I can't receive SMS. I called AT&T and rebooted my phone/pulled the battery and sim to no avail. The AT&T rep said everything looked fine from their end but that they would open a case. I have yet to do a factory reset. I am using the stock messaging app and am not rooted. Any help would be much appreciated.

gr8johnson

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I was having this problem from just one person. I had an I phone 4 and so did he. It was set to I message. Not sure you are having good the same issue. But have some one text you from a non I phone. If you haven't.

ColetonAM

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I went to the att store and got a new sim card but it didn't solve anything. The att rep said it was a problem on the server end. I guess someone somewhere at att flipped the wrong switch

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my first GS3 but my issue was with receiving mms messages...turned out to be a hardware problem so I exchanged it.

dirtbike720

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
When I got my GS3 I had awesome service all through my house and everywhere. But now hardly ever hav service really only in my room. Any suggestions on what to do?

alfowler7

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4 to the. s3. Couldn't receive texts from anyone I knew that had an iPhone. Turns out it was an iMessage server issue. Had to put the sim back in my old iPhone, turn off iMessages, put the sim back in the S3 and all was good. Apple's server continued to see my phone number as being associated with their server, so iPhone messages with into their server but of course couldn't make it to me. It was really frustrating for the 2-3 hours it took to resolve this. The first couple of people I talked to at AT&T suggested I might have to change phone numbers to resolve it. Thankfully I found someone who knew the solution. Al

DonW1

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
+1
ATT advanced tech support couldn't help. I was able to disable iMessage on my old iPhone using wireless (didn't need the SIM) and was almost immediately receiving texts from iPhone users on my Galaxy S3.

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am having this same exact problem... Well I have an iphone and my boyfriend has a galaxy S2 and for 3 days now, he hasn't been able to receive any of my texts but can receive MMS from me. He gets texts though from other phones of all kinds. Did you happen to find a solution?

collette hamilton

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Im having a similar problem. My boyfriend has an iphone 4 & i have a galaxy s2. we are both with the orange/ee network yet I hardly ever recieve his txts, he usually has to send them at least 3 times before 1 comes through to me. Sometimes i will recieve it but the message will be all muddled up & doesnt make sense. My sister has a galaxy s & i occasionally do not recieve her txts either nor she mine, she is also on orange/ee. Wondering if anyone could shed some light on a solution? thanks!