Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tsells
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default calendar app

Favorite calendar apps? The stock calendar is not getting it done.
    beh

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts

Default Re: calendar app

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    Favorite calendar apps? The stock calendar is not getting it done.
    What exactly do you require that the stock Calendar doesn't do?
    I am using it over any 3rd party calendar and find it to be exceptionally easy to use and useful for my needs. It syncs between all of my android devices and gmail acct quickly and efficiently. It could sync with my pc MS Office Outlook program through gmail calendar but I find that gmail and MS Outlook don't really like one another that much and Outlook ends up with multiple listings. As I don't need the pc to do email much with a phone and two tablets I simply don't sync Outlook which works for me.

I find the s3 calendar to be the best I've seen on android.

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Works great for both my wife and I. I did download Calendar Event Reminder to customize my alerts more but that's it. But Jorte seems to be one the most recommended 3rd party calendars.
    Thanked by:
    D16RR 

I prefer the look of CalenGoo over the stock calendar (especially for the week and month view).
    Thanked by:
    D16RR 
    goughrmak likes this.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Try aCalendar. My favorite of the 20+ I've used. aCalendar+ is worth it for the full screen widget month view with text using 3rd party launchers (Apex).
    Thanked by:
    D16RR 

Acalendar or Jorte

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    D16RR 

The stock calendar is excellent IMO. But, I used Jorte on my Droid 2 (Froyo) and really liked it. I tried between the stock and I still prefer using Jorte, mostly since I can use a dark theme and change colors and such.

Rev/
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by:
    D16RR 

ROM
    ParanoidAndroid/Leankrnel

Quote Originally Posted by williansuperman View Post
    I find the s3 calendar to be the best I've seen on android.
    I agree....although the stock calendar on the HOX is pretty nice too
    Samsung Galaxy S3....4.1.1 CM10 Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v1.992...Leankernel v0.2.1
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cataloochee View Post
    What exactly do you require that the stock Calendar doesn't do?
    I am using it over any 3rd party calendar and find it to be exceptionally easy to use and useful for my needs. It syncs between all of my android devices and gmail acct quickly and efficiently. It could sync with my pc MS Office Outlook program through gmail calendar but I find that gmail and MS Outlook don't really like one another that much and Outlook ends up with multiple listings. As I don't need the pc to do email much with a phone and two tablets I simply don't sync Outlook which works for me.

It has a bug where addresses do not properly pull up the nav app in agenda view, and do so inconsistently in other views. Other than that it's fine.

Global Posts
    1,934 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBrefugee View Post
    It has a bug where addresses do not properly pull up the nav app in agenda view, and do so inconsistently in other views. Other than that it's fine.
    I discovered this as well. Other than that, I haven't found one I like better.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Tried a few. Jorte looks like a 3rd grade project, acalendar and calengoo don't parse addresses, but I found something called Bizcalendar that does. I'll use that till something better comes along. Thanks again everyone.

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts

I too like the stock calendar.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

As do I, but the location bug makes it substandard. Unless you like copying and pasting when a single press would suffice if the thing was properly coded.

I too like the stock calendar a lot, but I just got used to the 3rd party apps from using them on other devices. My favorite (the one I use on the SGS3) is Business Calendar.

I also use the Stock SGS3 calendar and its tasks. I also have Jorte installed. I used Jorte on my EVO and loved it. However, I have noticed two thing I don't care for...
    Stock SGS3 tasks don't sync with google, and both for some reason don't sync in the Facebook birthdays. I haven't figured that one out at all because with Jorte it worked fine on my EVO. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Stock calendar for me... with Simple Calendar widget.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I like the stock

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

The stock app has some big flaws. My old galaxy s (with 3rd party Rom at the time) and my iPad both work fine, but the S3 won't show tasks from my companies Zimbra server. If I accept the tasks via one of the other devices or via the web, *then* the task will show.
    I haven't figured out why this is happening, but seeing how it works with all the other devices fine it appears to me to be a flaw in s planner