Phone calls people by itself

Eric4816

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the problem of the phone making calls spontaneously also (LG G3, Android 6.0 (Patch Level 2016-10-01)). I have noted that in the most recent cases, the following sequence was involved: I called my brother using a bluetooth headset and the Google voice command. I made several calls after that, but using the contact list. The next day, the phone was sitting on the counter, plugged in, and connected to the home phone via bluetooth, and it spontaneously called my brother. The next day, at the EXACT same time, the phone again called my brother. Note that the original call to my brother was at a different time than the two spontaneous calls.

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Mini quinny,
Thank you because it helped me.I got 42 calls from my ex.Apparently the phone dislikes as well. But at first it's kind of creepy,but I will relay your info,so thank you big time!!! J.Ellis

SeizedOpportunity

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I went from one Samsung phone to an LG that both would while sitting on a desk, in a car or on my belt, dial the last person I called sometimes in the middle of the night or a couple hours later. I have deleted apps and can NOT figure out why its doing this. Waking people up at night for bs calls is not cool. Maybe a class action lawsuit to get these idiots to stop setting phones and apps to take control over our phones whenever they want to will stop this BS.

riddlz

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This just started for me last Saturday (07 JAN 2017) my phone has auto called my last caller since Friday (06 JAN 2017). The following autocalls were made since I spoke with him on 06 JAN 2017 @ 4:42 PM:
  • 07 JAN 2017 @ 6:16 AM
  • 08 JAN 2017 @ 6:30 AM
  • 09 JAN 2017 @ 6:32 AM

The first 2 times I was asleep and thought maybe I accidentally called him in my sleep which is really weird, and has never happened considering the fact, you have to get past the security lock and go into the phone app and call the individual (or press the callback I guess). Still, getting past the security screen would be very rare if possible and 2 times in a row around the same time?! I've had my Bluetooth device redial when I press the command button before but not without me performing the command. I do have a Fitbit on my wrist 24/7 but I've not had any issue for the 2 - 3 weeks I've had it now.

My LG V10 had a system update on 06 JAN 2017 @ 2:18 AM (Updated to VS99025A) and I'm on Verizon Wireless. I'm going to assume 99.99% that the issue is with this update since it's never EVER happened to me before.

Steps I've taken:
  • Performed Smart Cleaning to Temporary files & raw files (Apps' Cache, Clip Tray temp files, no raw files from camera)
  • Checked for Motion Activation options (didn't find anything)
  • Checked to make sure Auto Retry is turned off (Call App -> Call Settings -> Ongoing Call section)
  • Checked the contact for any specific call @ time settings... nothing
  • Checked Smart Lock settings (Settings -> Lock Screen -> Smart Lock) - nothing seems to show it would auto call my last caller at a specific time (or at all)

I'm at a loss, and I've looked up specifically my update on the Verizon site to find out if anybody else has experienced this issue.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this similar issue. Today I was next to my phone when it called at 6:32 AM. I didn't have my Bluetooth FitBit Charge 2 on (which it doesn't have the ability to call anyway to the best of my knowledge), headset was turned off, and was not directly looking at or touching the phone in anyway. I also don't have gestures turned on.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved. I'll be posting this same issue to the Verizon forum and I may try the steps to clear the cache again, but I have a feeling this issue is related to the software update.

krimpkrimp

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately I have a LG 450 flip phone and it just started making calls by itself. My boyfriend has the same phone and his has been doing this on and off for awhile.

riddlz

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Meh, got a response from Verizon. They say they weren't able to recreate the problem and to perform a factory reset. They answer to all questions when you don't have an answer and don't want to research other possibilities.

Doing that might fix the issue, but it involves putting all my apps back on and connecting all my devices again. A lot of work for a no guarantee fix.

I did mention I had not one issue until right after the OS upgrade.

Unfortunately I have a LG 450 flip phone and it just started making calls by itself. My boyfriend has the same phone and his has been doing this on and off for awhile.

riddlz

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Figured I would update my entry. The steps I took earlier this month did stop the daily calling around 6:30 AM, however, not permanently.

• 30 JAN 2017 @ 2:31 PM
  • 27 JAN 2017 @ 12:53 PM
  • 26 JAN 2017 @ 12:40 PM

So, I guess it was about 3 weeks without an auto call. I may have had one other auto call mid January.

I also posted my issue with Verizon Wireless in hopes to get a better answer than that I've found so far. Their response was the typical "factory restart" which will be a big pain and will take hours to backup everything and reconnect all my devices, WiFi settings, etc. Not to mention there was no real answer or any guarantee it will solve the issue.:confused:

My only other concern would be I got some malware/virus on my device. If that's the case, factory reset would be a requirement and I would have to re-think the security software I use.

I've researched on Android, LG V10, and Kit Kat OS issues on this subject and it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do the factory reset and hope I'm able to backup and restore all my files. :-

Naessean

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Well 4 Samsung Galaxy s7's and one S6

Tonight while again sitting on my desk.

Nothing connected.

Nothing open.

The screen turned on and rang somebody.

No Facebook.

No aps with call authority.

What's still going on.

So many with the same issues.

No answers.

Besides factory reset that's no help at all.

Running kaspersky Security since day one.

Nothing has helped :-(

riddlz

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't performed a factory reset on my phone. I too have had Comodo Mobile firewall/antivirus on my phone since day one. I've not had any other feedback of any kind from Verizon Wireless. If I factory reset my phone I will lose unrecoverable data not to mention it's a pain to link up all my devices and apps all over again.

I agree, I don't believe the factory reset will fix this issue. I've had this phone now for at least a year and the issue didn't start until the last Verizon LG V10 OS update. It's random. I've gone a couple weeks now with no issues except there were a couple times I was on the phone using my LG Bluetooth headset and in the middle of my conversation I started calling the same person I was talking to.

Something like that happens once in awhile I say it was probably me hitting the redial button accidentally. But 2 days in a row both around 12:15 PM? A mystery.

ladyff67

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I called my brother using a bluetooth headset and the Google voice command. I made several calls after that, but using the contact list. The next day, the phone was sitting on the counter, plugged in, and connected to the home phone via bluetooth, and it spontaneously called my brother.

I have been having problems with this phantom/ghost calling too. It seemed to be the most recent call but this week it was a call 2 or 3 down my call list. After seeing your post I thought about it and it was the last call via my bluetooth made using Google's ONLINE based speech recognition calling feature with my bluetooth.

guythall

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm flummoxed by this. The phone called 2 times in the middle of the night. Once I woke up when hearing the phone ringing a contact at 2AM. The next night I woke up when my sister in Alaska was calling my name at 3AM. Both time the phone was in the cradle. Was I sleep calling?

Today working at my desk with the phone in the desk cradle, I saw the screen light up and then call our home phone (across the room). Hadn't touched the phone for an hour or more.

This has only happened since the OS update two weeks ago (?). I suppose I should look and see who else I've been calling....

Judy Hertel

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
The last week or so my phone keeps calling people on its own and has been acting weird anyone else have this problem? I have had this phone for about a month and have had no problems until this past week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I will be talking to someone and it just starts calling someone else dropping the call that i am on, Happens EVERYTIME,,It is so frustrating, It will call a few different contacts in my phone during a conversation.. What do i need to do ?

Last edited by a moderator:

siegex

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I suspect an app developer is tampering with peoples devices. Possibly even National Security is testing active devices and how they can enhance intrusion.

And no I'm not a doom sayer, I just live in a world where everything is possible and if it is possible....it happens

Xeliax5

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the problem of the phone making calls spontaneously also (LG G3, Android 6.0 (Patch Level 2016-10-01)). I have noted that in the most recent cases, the following sequence was involved: I called my brother using a bluetooth headset and the Google voice command. I made several calls after that, but using the contact list. The next day, the phone was sitting on the counter, plugged in, and connected to the home phone via bluetooth, and it spontaneously called my brother. The next day, at the EXACT same time, the phone again called my brother. Note that the original call to my brother was at a different time than the two spontaneous calls.

Hi everyone. Had same issue last year... phone automatically calling other people overnight. I was using a bluetooth device (Plantronics Voyager and later a Plantronics M70 ) as well as the device's voice instruction to initiate the call. Google Now ( ok google calling ) was also activated on my phone ( Samsung S6 ). While charging at night (not sure if the fact that it was charging is important) the phone was calling the last person i had previously contacted during the day with my bluetooth device. I noticed that this happened a few days after i started using Google Now. I had never activated that Google feature since it says it learns from your daily activities and prepares info or reproduce such activities for you (through Google Cards i believe). So i disabled Google Now completely and the ghost calling issue during the wee hours stopped. A few months later i was missing the Google Now features and thought i would give a try after an Android update. Naahhh.... same issue started to occur again. So the key factors seems to be when people are using a bluetooth device to make calls when they also have Google Now activated on their smartphone. I hope someone will bring this up to Google. I just don't know at this time where to report such an issue. I hope this info will help a few of you! Let me know!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude