02-21-2017 11:12 PM
- 08-18-2012 06:26 PM
- My sIII has been doing that too - twice now...hasn't been a problem yet as it just called family in the daytime, but it could get embarrassing! Wondering if it's going to mean getting a replacement - not sure what to do - hoped it was just a one-time glitch. I've had the phone about a month too & the phantom calling has also happened in the last week. You're not imagining it anyway!08-18-2012 06:35 PM
- KreepyKenJust a cool guyI don't have the problem of it calling people by itself, but if I have the camera open, it takes pictures by itself. I'll just be standing there with the camera open and it snaps random pictures without my touching any buttons or saying "cheese" or "smile."08-19-2012 02:43 PM
- Is there any possibility that you may have your contacts open and when you pick up your phone, it assumes you want to use the pick up to dial feature that they have? Or that perhaps if you have them open in your tasking bar, it is glitching to call them when you move your phone around? You know, the one that if you are texting or whatever, if you swing the phone up, it starts to dial?
If you don't have this enabled then it sure beats me!
If you do, perhaps you can disable it and see what happens?
Good luck!08-24-2012 10:40 AM
- Check this setting to make sure it is off. I think if you hit the home key and look at the screen images of active programs you will see one with a contact open for viewing. Apparently when you pick up the phone it dials that contact. I struggled with this for about a week before I realized what was happening.
Settings - Motion - Direct call ( make sure - call currently displayed on screen is "off" ) or turn off Motion Activation altogether..
Hope this helps someone..10-30-2012 09:29 AM
- Saw solution reported elsewhere - "Tiny Call Confirm" - stops auto dialing out
Read The Permissions - WTF? Ain't that something. It apparently stops all auto dial-outs but it's own!
"DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation."04-22-2013 02:04 PM
- My wifes Nokia Lumia constantly does this when on charge, I know its not android but its a real pain, we can go out and leave it on charge and after an hour it phones us and other people it also will not turn off, it keeps turning its self on, had the phone changed once already but now the new one has started doing the same, anyone any ideas?09-30-2013 11:36 AM
- 09-30-2013 05:16 PM
- Hi -- my friend sent me this link because my phone [an ancient HTC desire] used Viber to call him last night while it was on charge. About 20 times it seems. It also phoned someone in my contacts called Andre (no idea who this is anymore), and my ex-nextdoor neighbour... It also managed to reset its wallpaper.
This isn't the first time it's done crazy things while charging (like sending ancient draft Twitter messages, turning on Bluetooth) but I assumed it was becaue I was charging with a dodgy lead. I took to taking the battery out and swapping new charged ones in and charging on a separate battery charger. I got given a new lead (by the inconvenienced friend who has to keep his phone on 'normal' for work during the night) and I was using that last night for the first time.
All very odd. I assume it's not haunted. But if it is, I'm glad it's freaking out other people and not me at 2AM in the morning... (Yes, it was on silent and no, it didn't manage to turn its noises on to alert me to a problem.)
So if it isn't the lead and other smartphones do this, how?11-20-2013 04:02 AM
- hi, my phone is also calling people by itself..
it called my mom everytime though but it calls everytime i touch my screen...
i've got an HTC One X and i haven't had any problems with it for about a year..
However I did find some kind of malware on my phone using some antivirus app, so i deleted it, it hasn't called anyone since.
I don't know if it had helped, cause I'm only having this problem since this morning and I deleted the malware-infected file a few hours ago...
I used the android app from the developer AVG mobile, i hope it works for you guys.
I apologize for my English, it's just not my native language. I'm Dutch..12-05-2013 10:29 AM
- I have a Samsung Galaxy S II what I've had since August. Last night it made 15 phone calls on its onwn between 1:30am and 3:10am, whicle I was asleep in bed. Most were to numbers in my Contacts (my daugter (2x), my wife (5x), my kids' highschool (4x)) but the first two were to an unfamiliar number with the name 'aqq' associated with it. I checked the Motion settings, but that thing about Direct Call mentioned above was not checked. My TrustGo security didn't show any malware when I scanned it. I've downloaded AVG anitvirus and am scanning it again to double check. I'd appreciate anyone's insitghts in to what could cause this.01-18-2014 11:29 AM
- My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 calls the last number I dialed on its own. It happens every once in a while. I noticed that it happens when I pick up the phone from my desk, unlock it, check the status bar, lock it and put it in my pocket. Although not every time, so I can't figure the exact cause... The motions features are turned off. This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have an idea?01-27-2014 07:56 AM
- OK, now I know 100% that I did not press anything. I had the phone on my desk, it was locked and I was not touching it. And suddenly the phone dials by itself the last phone number I had dialed! WHY?!! What application redialed the number? It has got to be a log somewhere. There has got to be a reason!!??01-31-2014 02:34 AM
- I contacted customer support and they suggested to clear cache data like this:
1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key
5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache/partition option and press the Power key to select.
6 press the Power key to reboot system now.
Please make sure that you navigate to "wipe cache/partition" under the step 5, not to reset to the factory settings. If you choose "wipe cache/partition" all your data and application will be saved.
I did this and now I am waiting to see if it would fix the problem. Feel free to do the same and let us know.01-31-2014 03:47 AM
- I just ripped my lg connect in half....the second someone texts or calls and it is in my pocket the screen comes on. So it starts calling everyone in my contact list and if i choose to use a screen lock it calls 911....I have a bill from the police department for calling 911 4 days in a row...I am sending the bill to LG, Android, and Metro PCS. Android phones are terrible. I am getting a flip phone that will never do any of this crap.02-18-2014 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD