Light Flow now working for NON-ROOTED USA users

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bmRyb2lkLmxpZ2h0Zmxvd2xpdGUiXQ&token=N7FANsuy..

Hi,
Just a quick message to say I've finally pushed a new version of light flow v3.1.0 into the play store.

It adds flashing rates for root s3 users.

It also adds compatibility for non-root users (including flash rates).

Things to note:
- The flash rates use more battery than the always on option in the app.
- The led can take a little while to "settle down" once the screen has been switched off. This is because we have to battle with Samsung's default blue flashing light.

Note it may take a few hours to show on the market as it can take a while to replicate across all the google servers.

Thanks

UPDATES from the dev's blog:
23 August 2012 - seems to be working for some people more than others. Fixing one or two bugs and investigating others. Note I've only one more day left to look at this before going on vacation (being from the UK I would call it a holiday :) ) for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll manage to get another release out to fix some issues before then.

24 August 2012 - Anyone familiar with logcat who's got the blue flashing light issue?
If so I would love some logcat output. Go into light flow, tools, logging and select "console logging". Then run logcat, get a notification and wait for the blue light to start flashing (after probably initially having the correct color). Then send me through the logs to the e-mail address shown on the market. Thanks

It seems like the blue light issue is related to what method of security you have on your lock screen. If you have no security it seems to work, other methods seem to cause it to allow the default blue to flash. I think our code that's running behind the scenes it maybe not allowed to run that clears the blue light when the screen is locked.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It is in the Play Store. Has anyone with a stock GS3 downloaded or updated? How do you set it up? Do you have to disable any settings?

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll install it tonight and see how it goes, I'm running stock software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Any questions just ask. The app tries to automatically set itself to the correct mode for you phone and references on startup of this new version that couple of phone settings that need changing.

Reactions: jeffreii

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Installed this morning and the only problem I can not solve is it will not work if my screen is on. If screen is off, all notifications work properly. But I received several types of alerts and none of them will light up the LED if the screen is on. Any suggestions?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's supposed to work while the screen is on. You can see your notifications then right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: pdl2mtl90

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's and android design thing. We don't switch it off android does automatically when the screen is on.

Root users on the S3 can bypass this as we issue the commands directly via Unix when running in root mode and bypass android's code.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
UPDATES from the dev's blog:
23 August 2012 - seems to be working for some people more than others. Fixing one or two bugs and investigating others. Note I've only one more day left to look at this before going on vacation (being from the UK I would call it a holiday :) ) for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll manage to get another release out to fix some issues before then.

24 August 2012 - Anyone familiar with logcat who's got the blue flashing light issue?
If so I would love some logcat output. Go into light flow, tools, logging and select "console logging". Then run logcat, get a notification and wait for the blue light to start flashing (after probably initially having the correct color). Then send me through the logs to the e-mail address shown on the market. Thanks

It seems like the blue light issue is related to what method of security you have on your lock screen. If you have no security it seems to work, other methods seem to cause it to allow the default blue to flash. I think our code that's running behind the scenes it maybe not allowed to run that clears the blue light when the screen is locked.

Last edited:

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason the, voice notification for opening and closing folders comes on by default when the light flow app is enabled? Only disabling the app stops this annoying feature. Very frustrating.

Sent from my very cool Samsung Galaxy SIII via Tapatalk 2.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My light flow notification lights don't shut off when I clear all notifications.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Elaldeano

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I used light flow for about a week and sometimes the light wouldn't go off or it wouldn't work at all. I tried to be patient but ended up getting light manager instead. So far, no problems

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I used to use this app all the time on my Galaxy Nexus until I got the GS3 and it was not working right... I got used to living without it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

jeremyjay46

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a GS3 as well, T-mobile and v 4.0.4... if I just have a swipe to unlock, it works ok. However, if I have a PIN to unlock, I just get the standard blue notification... Help. =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2