google maps bug?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If I click an address it will take me to google maps. The first time I do this, I have the bar on the bottom of the screen offering directions. Clicking that does not bring up the navigation option unless I close google maps and then re-click the address.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I was hoping you were reporting *my* bug because it's so crazy, it's embarrassing. I was in the San Francisco Bay Area last weekend, and set Google Navigation to take me from the East Bay to a funeral home in the city. Google did fine getting me across the Bay Bridge, but then it told me to take the first (left-hand) exit, Harrison Street. Now, even I knew that this funereal place was well into the city, but I got off at Harrison Street. Then Google Navy told me turn turn left off Harrison and get back on the bridge, going back to the east bay. Then it told me to get off the bridge at Treasure Island, about halfway across the bridge. I was to turn around and get back on the bridge going west. The right way. Then I was to get off at Harrison. Get back on the bridge, going east again (wrong way), turn at treasure island and take the bridge back to San Francisco, get off at Harrison. Get back... endless loop. The funny thing is that once I passed the Harrison exit, Google Nav just picked up as if it had always wanted me to go the correct way which was wait until the Ninth Street exit.

Afraid this problem was caused by the nut behind the wheel, I asked someone else to use my phone to navigate to that funeral parlor, and, sure enough, Google tried to send her on that endless loop.

So, at the most, it's something weird with my Galaxy GT i9300.

Sfrrr

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My TomTom tried to send me down a dead end street the other day and after the last update it decided to start calling parts of town by the name of the neighborhood and failing to find addresses when told they were in San Diego. On the plus side it's got me out of a few jams if you'll pardon the pun.

My issue with the GM app is it won't give me the nav option on the first go around. Other than that it's been pretty good.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this. I was just about to buy a dedicated TomTom GPS gadget.

sfrrr

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Garmin is a lot worse and less reliable. The advantage of a TomTom is the rerouting for traffic. That algorithm is actually very good. If you go 5 or 10 places a day like I do, it can be very handy. Also, the nav app requires you have the S3 on a charger, otherwise you can watch the battery meter click down like a clock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2