MMS Pictures distorted

atoddvr6

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

First post. :) I am new to Android and I have a SGS3. My previous phone was an iphone 4 and so far I like what I see and what Android can do.

My question: I am using the stock MMS app and every time I send a photo to my wife, who has the iphone, the picture she gets is physically squashed. It doesn't matter what orientation the picture was taken in. Obviously, when I go to the gallery, the photo (ex: a horizontal photo) looks fine. As soon as I tap the message icon it shows a square thumbnail with the photo squashed. If I hit preview, it shows the photo even MORE squashed into a vertical photo! Why?

I haven't had any other trouble sending pictures in general. The camera is set to 8mp and I don't know of any MMS settings for this problem. I understand that the pics need to be compressed, so why would they also be "compressed"???? Am I wrong for thinking that I shouldn't have to install an app just to send pictures correctly? If that is what I have to do then I will. I'm just saying it's ridiculous that this is happening. I have searched and searched and have found some posts but none of them have any answers.

My final rant: I shouldn't have to install a third party MMS app because one of the most powerful and sophisticated phones on the planet should be able to send a flippin photo without distorting it.:mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My apologies for acting this way. I am just so frustrated. I really hope that there is a way around this.

Chalvy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have never seemed to run into this problem myself. Pictures I send via mms always look good on my phone and my brothers iphone.

Chalvy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes I would probably swap out the device to check whether it is your inability to send a photo properly (haha) or the phone's problem...Most likely the latter in my opinion. ;-)

atoddvr6

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I went back to the store twice. The first day they told me to do a factory reset. That didn't help. The second day they did some testing. They took some pictures and sent them to their phones and they turned out just fine! So I assumed that it was fixed.

Well, I took another photo a few days later and tried to send it and it previewed distorted and sent that way. But then, just for the heck of it, I rotated the phone 180 degrees so that the camera was on my left and took another photo. When I tried sending it it previewed and sent perfectly!

So, it seems that the phone has to be turned so that the camera is on the left side of your body? I haven't heard of that anywhere. I was so used to the camera being on the right side that I didn't think about rotating it. Could it still be a problem with the phone?

Chalvy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha that is classic. You're holding it Wrong... And no I just tried it and it does that on mine when I hold it that way. Maybe a future update will fix it.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Go Sms Pro lets you change the size limit of MMS to up to 5MB i think. However you must have 4G to do 2MB or 5MB. There are other size limits, but 2MB should be more then enough. However the bigger the pic the longer it takes to send.

Reactions: lsutigers03

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Go Sms Pro lets you change the size limit of MMS to up to 5MB i think. However you must have 4G to do 2MB or 5MB. There are other size limits, but 2MB should be more then enough. However the bigger the pic the longer it takes to send.

Thanks so much. I never thought to look through the settings to fix my pixelated mms messages.