Apple suing over S3

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Only issue for Apple is they have no case on there swipe bar to unlock patent or there universal search patent which was removed pre-emptivly and the data search patent is far to broad..... I truly believe that there is nothing to worry about :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It's like crapple is getting desperate. Samsung needs to work a deal on lte. One billion and drop your case and the new iPhone can have lte

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Previously I thought this, but now hell no!
They should pay the billion & block Apple from using LTE in the iPhone altogether.

I agree! There was a time I was almost an Apple fanboy! They now disgust me! I was speaking with my AT&T rep yesterday and they are now pushing Samsung products. They hate Apples actions. When my PB wears out I will be buying a PC! No more Apple products period!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
An editorial I read on Flipboard from a well known tech expert stated that the Samsung legal team blew it by not focusing on the legitimacy of the patents issued to Apple of which these are some of them. I believe other commentaries mentioned this as well so it would appear that Samsung needs to revise their legal strategy and go after the issue of the patents themselves rather than the issue of whether they copied Apple or not.

In another editorial on Flipboard today, the author said that were this debacle to cost Samsung only a billion, they gain tremendous visibility as well as gaining the #2 spot as most powerful and profitable company next to Apple. He also said Samsung generates a billion dollars every 3-4 days which I'm sure Apple is aware of. In the end, Apple may indeed have a case, but you cannot stifle innovation and new product development no matter what you do. Samsung's design team have already proven that there's no limit to what can be created.

My $.02

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree! There was a time I was almost an Apple fanboy! They now disgust me! I was speaking with my AT&T rep yesterday and they are now pushing Samsung products. They hate Apples actions. When my PB wears out I will be buying a PC! No more Apple products period!

Don't be so hasty. I too, dislike the iPhone, but the MacBook Pro will beat any PC out there. It's a much better product, whether you want to admit it, or not.:)

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The MacBook pro isn't that great. It is a high priced laptop running Mac OS. What actually makes the MacBook pro better?

Buy a PC at the same price level and the difference you will see is the screen. Even then I could find a PC that will give it a run for it's money there to. Even though retina screen is very nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I just seen a mac book pro on newegg for 1400 dollars. Also seen some HP, Lenovos and other brands of laptops for 700 dollars with the same specs. Sorry just checked it is 1600 dollars. And found an Acer laptop with better spec'ed component's for $549. So yeah mac books are way over priced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't be so hasty. I too, dislike the iPhone, but the MacBook Pro will beat any PC out there. It's a much better product, whether you want to admit it, or not.:)

How is it better? The only difference is the OS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It has been said that the GS was designed by lawyers. I think it will more difficult as Apple tried earlier to block the release of the GS3 in their original suit but was allowed to on a legal technicality. The judge, and if it is the same person, and appeared to be losing her patience with all the litigation on both sides. Only bad karma can result if the new iPhone doesn't have some next generation features. Apple cannot push too hard as they depend on chips from Samsung and the suits over LTE patents could also impact the iPhone release. The more litigation from Apple instead of innovation will only hurt their reputation. I this is not to say that they don't have the right to defend their patents but some of the patents are just plain ridiculous.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
IApple cannot push too hard as they depend on chips from Samsung

Everyone keeps saying this even tech blogs but Apple has already shown to be moving away from Samsung in every way they can. They already ditched Samsung as their screen supplier and instead are having their iPhone 5 screens made by Sharp and some other Japanese company who's name I forget. I'm sure they can find other suppliers for most of the parts they need.

They're making a big mistake though by playing the kid at the playground packing up their toys and going home because it will eventually bite them in the a$$. Even at this point in time it was announced that Sharp hasn't been able to keep up with the screen supply due to "manufacturing difficulties" and it may affect the release date or supply availability of the iPhone 5. I think we'll only see more problems arise in the future with Apple products that have components from switched suppliers if they keep on this track.

Rev.

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
True, but 2k+ for a computer in a world where a 200 dollar tablet can do 90% of the tasks...... Apple is in trouble if they don't reinvent soon; the best guy for that job is dead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

schreiby

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It has been said that the GS was designed by lawyers. I think it will more difficult as Apple tried earlier to block the release of the GS3 in their original suit but was allowed to on a legal technicality. The judge, and if it is the same person, and appeared to be losing her patience with all the litigation on both sides. Only bad karma can result if the new iPhone doesn't have some next generation features. Apple cannot push too hard as they depend on chips from Samsung and the suits over LTE patents could also impact the iPhone release. The more litigation from Apple instead of innovation will only hurt their reputation. I this is not to say that they don't have the right to defend their patents but some of the patents are just plain ridiculous.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

and apple is still suing samsung?! let's see if the new iphone gets lte.....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
True, but 2k+ for a computer in a world where a 200 dollar tablet can do 90% of the tasks...... Apple is in trouble if they don't reinvent soon; the best guy for that job is dead.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Let's act like the iPad doesn't own the tablet market place in terms of sales volume, profit, and ecosystem.

Last I checked, Apple made those.

IMO, Apple wants to merge OS X and iOS. Microsoft said screw you all and is making a pretty radical change.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: PeteJE

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple seems to be mad that their reign is over. While, they do make good products (please don't hurt me), their products simply aren't as good as the competition. They're making it even more evident that they're losing by reverting to lawsuits rather than stepping up their game. I once was a hardcore Apple fanboy, but no longer. The "sore loser" aura emanating from them disgusts me.

I'm interested to see how they'll get the S3 banned, even though they failed to do it before.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
It's never gonna happen. And by the time this is over the Galaxy S4 will be released lol