LTE Radio Degrading. Unable to get data.

kev2126

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what's going on but I've hit a wall and not sure where to go. I got my S3 on pre-order and from day 1 it has had some awesome LTE download speeds. I live in Houston and LTE is strong here to say the least. I've hit 48+ Mbps in several areas and average 18 - 23 Mbps at my house and other areas that I travel to. Life was good

Now within the past few weeks I've noticed my data connection will timeout. When I look at my signal strength in Network Signal Info, I'm on LTE and hovering around 65 dBm +/- yet Speed Test can't find a server. It's to the point now where I can't use LTE at all. I've been through the phone and done all of the house cleaning stuff to it. (Clearing Cache, Pulling the Battery, Wiping the Phone Cache, uninstalling recent apps, etc) I even tried resetting the phone back to factory settings and still have the same problem. I've never dropped the phone, I don't have an SD card in it, I've tested with and without the Diztronics TPU Case, and since the reset I'm running bare minimal apps and I still have the same issues. Even if I'm next to a Tower I still have issues :(

Is anyone else having these issues? Is it an ATT LTE network issue or is my radio on the blink? :(

-Kevin

Last edited:

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: LTE Slow. Data Connection crawling.

Are you sure AT&T isn't throttling you? How much have you used, and yes they are still throttling the unlimited customers.

kev2126

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Since I've gotten the phone I'm using around 1.2 - 1.6 GB per month. I would hope I'm not being throttled with that amount of usage. I'm not an unlimited customer. I'm on the 3GB Enterprise Data plan.

-Kevin

kev2126

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Tried standing under an ATT Tower today where in the past I have hit speeds of 48Mbps down. Attempted to run speed test and it took it 2 minutes to even find a server then the ping test failed. :(

Not having a happy S3 week. :'(

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried standing under an ATT Tower today where in the past I have hit speeds of 48Mbps down. Attempted to run speed test and it took it 2 minutes to even find a server then the ping test failed. :(

Not having a happy S3 week. :'(

Standing under a tower won't get you signal from that tower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

osucowboy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am also in Houston. My wife and I, both with S3's, are having the same issue. It's very annoying. I hope it's just the network and they are working to correct the issue.

Does anyone know what's going on with the LTE in the Houston area?

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I live outside Dallas. It's not just LTE. I'm having the same problem and I do not have LTE in my area at all. Tech support sent me a new phone and that didn't fix it. I'm supposed to pick up a new Sim card tomorrow and we'll see how that goes. But it sounds like this is a network issue not phone issue since this post is the first I have seen with people having similar data problems.

Btw - my issue started about 10 days ago out of the blue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums