1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default And the best Android Apps for SAGS3 are...?

As a previous iPhone owner I am bewildered by all the clone apps that people download and say "no, don't download this task killer.. get this one.."

What has everyone found to work best to optimize this phone?

I have stupid add notifications that pop up and I just think it's so ed that I should have to download a ad-blocker app...

May just go back to iPhone unless I can get spoke relief from these frustrations..!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

Default Re: And the best Android Apps for SAGS3 are...?

It would help tremendously if you could give examples of what your looking for. What apps on the iPhone do you consider to be mush have? Where are you seeing adds?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I get adds in my notifications screen every hour or so.. I tried to delete the potential apps that may have been given "privileges" to my phone without luck.

I am mostly aggravated that my Bluetooth is not cooperating to be honest, as I had posted on another thread..

I need to know how to best determine which versions of power savers are best, considering there's a ton of ones with over 4 star ratings, but everyone's experience is different.

It just the plethora of trial and error that I'm confronted with in the android market

ROM
    Back to Stock TW

Quote Originally Posted by CTLancer11 View Post
    I get adds in my notifications screen every hour or so.. I tried to delete the potential apps that may have been given "privileges" to my phone without luck.

I am mostly aggravated that my Bluetooth is not cooperating to be honest, as I had posted on another thread..

I need to know how to best determine which versions of power savers are best, considering there's a ton of ones with over 4 star ratings, but everyone's experience is different.

It just the plethora of trial and error that I'm confronted with in the android market

Are you saying that you have ads in the pull down notification area? I've only experienced that once after installing an app and it was for an add-on to that app. If your getting actual advertisements that is something I've never heard of happening. It's almost certainly related to a specific app you installed so you'll have to take the time to weed it out.

Trial and error is not unique to the Android market, if anything statistically it should be less given that there are fewer apps than in iTunes. Personally I've used Juice Defender and Llama but I may have different uses for each and your desires could be different. Again, personally, I don't rely on reviews on either app store but rather what people on the forums use and yes, trial and error. As to your previous post, there are a ton of clone apps in iTunes as well so again, not a unique situation.

Your complaints aren't specific to Android but useability of a smartphone in general. One could argue that someone new to the iPhone would have the same issues. I will concede that if your BT isn't working that can be a pain to sort but it's hard to comment without more information.

I switched once before and tried a Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread and it was an awful experience, having switched again to the S3 with ICS has been a far better experience and I'm very much converted to Android. I'm at the point now that I'll be flashing ROMs soon just doing my research. If you haven't given at least 2 weeks to the switch your not giving it enough time, yeah you'll have to do some work figuring out the best apps but that's all part of the fun IMO. I can't tell you how many weather apps I've downloaded only to remove within 5 mins because I don't like some minor little issue.

Keep at it, but if it's not for you it's not, at least you tried.

While I've only owned my GS3 for about 5 weeks I simply used logic when adding apps rather than installing tons of them without any sort of strategy.

I installed Juice Defender right away and get GREAT battery life though I also did a battery calibration process that I'm sure helped. I don't use any task killers or other such stuff though. I have all the Google apps installed (Googles, Maps, Sky, etc.) and the usual things like Speedtest, Netflix, a few games and a few others. I don't get any ads in the notification bar at all either and my phone has been absolutely flawless from the beginning. The only thing that I changed was installing Skyvi which interfered with Visual Voice mail, so I removed it. The voice dictation wasn't all that accurate anyway. Not sure if that's of any help though. I would think installing tons of utility apps rather than just what you need is going to set yourself up for trouble and battery draining though. Just logic to me.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

download lookout ad network detector. It will tell you what app is spamming you with notifications and allow you to uninstall it

Juice defender is probably the most used battery saving app.

Download llama profiles or tasker. It will automate your life and you will forget about your iPhone with its outdated software. Lol.

List of the Best Android Apps

Your Android phone may be the best hardware on the market, but everyone knows it’s the apps that help you make the most of your Android device—whether it’s brand new or a few years old. This time we’re highlighting the apps that help you stay productive, stay connected, and stay informed and entertained, not to mention a few that will make your Android phone just that much better.

See, we all get to face this problem.
    But then do not undermine the positive sides of using android. There is plenty of stuff that is much superior and user friendly.
    In case you wanna dig more check out this link that i absolutely loved!

SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram