Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apple is stupid!

Anyone read the article about the A6 chip inside the new IPhone? It's made by Samsung! So they national sued the company who developed the chip inside your new flagship phone? And you want to ban that manufacturer's flagship phone? Makes you wonder what direction Apple will go in without Jobs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Apple is stupid!

It's not made by Samsung... It's made in the same 32nm LP HK+MG process architecture as Samsung chip sets but in reality no one in the market has a chip quite like it.. The A6 chips are apple made and designed. It's running two ARM cortex A15 cores. Great great processor and I'm a gsIII guy and I can honestly say that Apple beat Samsung and TI to bringing the A15s to the market

MikeMustang likes this.

Actually it's not a the ARM cortex we all thought it would be. Its actually Apple's own CPU processor take a look here:

Apple’s A6 chip verbiage reveals Samsung-built processor, 1GB of 1066MHz RAM | 9to5Mac

Default Apple is stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by brkaras View Post
    Anyone read the article about the A6 chip inside the new IPhone? It's made by Samsung! So they national sued the company who developed the chip inside your new flagship phone? And you want to ban that manufacturer's flagship phone? Makes you wonder what direction Apple will go in without Jobs...

Do you have any idea how businesses work? Samsung has gone on record saying that they want to keep their handset and chip making business separate and not let the recent lawsuit and $1B fine affect their relationship with Apple because they make billions of dollars every year supplying components to Apple for the iPhone. The two Samsung business entities work almost like two independent companies and have nothing to do with each other.
    Last edited by saintforlife; 09-15-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    comshock25Ry 
    Rev2010 and Alain Berger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    Do you have any idea how businesses work? Samsung has gone on record saying that they want to keep their handset and chip making business separate and not let the recent lawsuit and $1B fine affect their relationship with Apple because they make billions of dollars every year supplying components to Apple for the iPhone. The two Samsung business entities work almost like two independent companies and have nothing to do with each other.
    Yes exactly. Samsung and Apple make a lot of money together in that way.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
    Did Apple sue Samsung Galaxy S3 or they just sue Samsung the entity? You can't sue a division or product line only the entity itself...e.g. Apple is ed!

Default Apple is stupid!

Who cares who it's made by. Why are you people so caught up in this crap. Get over it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    Who cares who it's made by. Why are you people so caught up in this crap. Get over it.
    No one cares who it's made by...you are correct! But frivolous lawsuits between two mega powers that not only make no sense but clog up our court systems and cost tax payers money and consumers money! I care about that! Especially two multibillion dollar companies passing 20 dollar bills between them causing uproar...with Samsung and Apple laughing all the way to the bank

Thanked by:
    20blks 
    20blks likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,416 Global Posts

Fabless manufacturing.

Apple designs the chip they want. They pass that on to a company with an established foundry to produce their design - the cost for Apple (or anyone else) to build and establish one is too expensive.
    Last edited by Ry; 09-18-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    It's not made by Samsung... It's made in the same 32nm LP HK+MG process architecture as Samsung chip sets but in reality no one in the market has a chip quite like it.. The A6 chips are apple made and designed.
    Apple designed yes but not Apple made. I just checked the A6 wiki and it too says it's made by Samsung. Apple doesn't have the facilities currently in place to churn out millions of microprocessors themselves.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I actually see people in line at 7 am CST in front of AT&T waiting to get this phone...LOSERS!

Stopped by my local ATT store mid-afternoon and there wasn't a single person in line to buy the iPhone, which given it's THE most popular phone in the area I live was surprising. So I briefly took a look at it and I have to say that they longer body with the same width actually gives the appearance of it being smaller, though it is much lighter. When I held my sexy red GS3 up side by side, it made the little iPhone look like a baby, LOL... Waaaaaahhhhh! Seems fast too though not much faster than the Galaxy.. Am VERY happy I jumped ship from Apple to Samsung.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Stopped by my local ATT store mid-afternoon and there wasn't a single person in line to buy the iPhone, which given it's THE most popular phone in the area I live was surprising. So I briefly took a look at it and I have to say that they longer body with the same width actually gives the appearance of it being smaller, though it is much lighter. When I held my sexy red GS3 up side by side, it made the little iPhone look like a baby, LOL... Waaaaaahhhhh! Seems fast too though not much faster than the Galaxy.. Am VERY happy I jumped ship from Apple to Samsung.
    I first fell in love w/ android when i saw my older sisters og htc evo.. i thought it was the best dam lookin' handset ever lol.. then i found out that there were tons of android phones,and thats how i came into the android world. God i love androids lol.

Sent from my S3(:

Default Apple is stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Did you think that they, you know, sold out?

Default Apple is stupid!

Did Apple sue Samsung Galaxy S3 or they just sue Samsung the entity? You can't sue a division or product line only the entity itself...e.g. Apple is ed!

Samsung is a conglomerate made up of several different companies, all of which are separate. Apple sued samsungs mobile division. The semiconductor and screen divisions are separate.

How would he look at one or use it if they sold out? Those placeholders don't have any electronics in them. The Wal-Mart near me had some this morning, still has most of them. They only sold 4. I gather unless you're in a big city area you could find one fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Archienj7 View Post
    How would he look at one or use it if they sold out? Those placeholders don't have any electronics in them. The Wal-Mart near me had some this morning, still has most of them. They only sold 4. I gather unless you're in a big city area you could find one fairly easy.
    Att stores have real phones on display.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not here man. If it works they sell it, the rest are the fake display kind only. The AT&T store here had some as well but I didn't ask them how many they sold or had left total.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Fabless manufacturing.

Apple designs the chip they want. They pass that on to a company with an established foundry to produce their design - the cost for Apple (or anyone else) to build and establish one is too expensive.
    Yep Samsung is building another multi-billion dollar fab plant for Apple in Austin, TX.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...austin-109889/

Quote Originally Posted by Mobimop View Post
    Yep Samsung is building another multi-billion dollar fab plant for Apple in Austin, TX.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...austin-109889/
    I bet apple paid for a good chunk of that if the capacity will only be for them.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

They can talk about the 2 million pre-orders all they want. I don't see the phone selling like they expect it to. The lines aren't as long as the pictures make it seem. Maybe a few stores in NY (my home town). Out here in Dallas, I don't see more than 10 people on line and the lines go away quickly. I was in a store yesterday and spent 20 minutes making comparisons with my S3. The screen is brighter and a tad bit clearer (could be due to the dpi advantage or the brightness). It shows whites better but the S3 has move vivid colors Imo. I feels weird to me compared to the 4s. I think they should have made it a little wider. Especially since it falls a little short of being an hd screen. The build quality is nice and I don't think it will break as easily as previous iPhone models.

Apple will make more money hand over fist with the new iPhone 5, than Samsung with the GS3. I'd hardly call them stupid.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    They can talk about the 2 million pre-orders all they want. I don't see the phone selling like they expect it to. The lines aren't as long as the pictures make it seem. Maybe a few stores in NY (my home town). Out here in Dallas, I don't see more than 10 people on line and the lines go away quickly. I was in a store yesterday and spent 20 minutes making comparisons with my S3. The screen is brighter and a tad bit clearer (could be due to the dpi advantage or the brightness). It shows whites better but the S3 has move vivid colors Imo. I feels weird to me compared to the 4s. I think they should have made it a little wider. Especially since it falls a little short of being an hd screen. The build quality is nice and I don't think it will break as easily as previous iPhone models.

Ever consider there aren't lines because they've sold out? There's not a point to waiting in line for something that isn't there.

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

They're not sold out. Salesman asked me how many I wanted. Calm down, you sound defensive

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    They're not sold out. Salesman asked me how many I wanted. Calm down, you sound defensive

In most locations they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast