Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Where is the cheapest place to buy an AT&T GS3?

Quote Originally Posted by here4kids View Post
    FINALLY met my contract length to qualify for a new phone. sadly all the deals are past. anyone know where i can get the GS3 for a deal now, after c'mas?
    Amazon has it for $99.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

The deal at Radio Shack is still good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

amazon mobile! $139

Can anyone please tell me where I can get one shipped out of the US for the prices you guys quoted??

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Last-One-Left View Post
    Can anyone please tell me where I can get one shipped out of the US for the prices you guys quoted??
    My S3, that I purchased from Radio Shack, shipped out of Texas. You might try calling their 24/7 Customer Service @ 1-800-843-7422 as they currently have the S3 listed for $99. so you could then find out what the shipping would cost.

I've read here on these forums that the AT&T S3 can be 'unlocked', pretty simply, by either calling the AT&T international Customer Care #'s and asking for a 'tier 2' support person, or doing the same via the AT&T international chat. AT&T uses many of the same radio frequencies as the international GSM frequencies which allows you to then use different SIM cards for outside the U.S. or international use, as I think I understand it. So we'll be unlocking ours before we travel to Europe in Feb., but I haven't tried it yet.
    There's plenty of threads on the subject, like this one, if you do a search here on AC.

Btw, where are you located in the Caribbean?

I recently purchased my S3 on the ATT mobile website for only $29.99 Refurbished with a contract. Though I'm not sure if the good price was because of my time for an upgrsde. ATT still has to treat the phone as new-and I love it so far!

"Hi, my name is kingdizzle, and I'm a reformed iPhone user..."

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

$29.99, going to have to keep an eye on that. looking to add my mom to my family plan and was going to get her an iphone or S3

Thanks for the information winmod21, however here is my question, at that price the phone comes with a contract right? How do I break the contract or work around it? Maybe you can buy it for me and ship to me and I will pay you for the help?

Quote Originally Posted by alent1234 View Post
    $29.99, going to have to keep an eye on that. looking to add my mom to my family plan and was going to get her an iphone or S3
    They had it for $29.99 online again the other day, I did a thread about it.

Still on sale, you can get white or blue. If you can't get the order to go through online, call 611. Also if you order it today, they should ship today and you get it tomorrow.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Marble White (Refurbished) cell phone from AT&T

So I have an iPhone 4 right now. I am eligible for an upgrade and wanting to get the GS3. On top of wanting to get the best price for my phone, I don't want to make any changes to my existing plan. I'm on a Family Plan with my wife (she has an iPhone as well) and want to keep the same minutes, same texting, same everything and also want to keep my unlimited data plan. If I went to an AT&T corporate store would they be able to ensure I keep the same everything - just switch out the phone, plus will they have the ability to negotiate on the price of the phone?

I'd much rather go to a store and get the phone right then rather than ordering it and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by bronsonelliott View Post
    So I have an iPhone 4 right now. I am eligible for an upgrade and wanting to get the GS3. On top of wanting to get the best price for my phone, I don't want to make any changes to my existing plan. I'm on a Family Plan with my wife (she has an iPhone as well) and want to keep the same minutes, same texting, same everything and also want to keep my unlimited data plan. If I went to an AT&T corporate store would they be able to ensure I keep the same everything - just switch out the phone, plus will they have the ability to negotiate on the price of the phone?

I'd much rather go to a store and get the phone right then rather than ordering it and waiting.
    If you order, you will get it the next day. I generally find that customer care (611) has more negotiating power than the store.
    Thanked by:

Interesting...I just called AT&T and tried to see what they would do for me on the price of a new phone and they didn't come off of the $199 price at all. Even when I stated I see it cheaper at places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, the person said yes, you might have better luck finding a better price looking at other retailers.

I honestly don't care where I buy the phone, my #1 concern is making sure that nothing else changes with my existing plan. I just find it interesting that so many other people have had luck getting a good price (<=$150) but I wasn't even able to get them to match another retailer's price.

Maybe I'm just not a good negotiator.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdizzle View Post
    I recently purchased my S3 on the ATT mobile website for only $29.99 Refurbished with a contract. Though I'm not sure if the good price was because of my time for an upgrsde. ATT still has to treat the phone as new-and I love it so far!

"Hi, my name is kingdizzle, and I'm a reformed iPhone user..."
    I was fortunate to get in on this deal. I first saw the $29.99 deal in December, and I was too wishy washy about it. I was holding out for a Note 2 refurb when they come out. However, it might be several more months before the refurbs come out, and who knows what the prices will be. Then, I saw the $29.99 deal again about a couple weeks ago, and I pulled the trigger. I figured with the money I'd save by buying an S3 refurb vs. a new Note, I can buy lots of other things. Maybe a Samsung Chromebook, other accessories for the S3, etc. So far, I've been pretty happy with the S3. As much as I wanted the Note 2, the $29.99 is the smart deal (so far).

Amazon gives a cheap price. For the cases, I always buy from MiniSuit, they really have great designs to choose from!

Costco $79.99 no mail in rebates , tax on 200, free gifts and no upgrade fee!

Cheapest deal for a new one that I've seen so far is at Sam's Club. It's $80 whether you're upgrading, adding a line, or signing a new contract. Cell Phones from Sam's Club Mobile ... of course you probably need a membership to buy. Without a membership there's a 10% surcharge

*EDIT*

So I tried negotiating the price down with AT&T, but they were all being difficult. So I gave in and bought it online at Sam's Club for $79.98. Come to find out, they don't charge a crazy amount of money for taxes! There was absolutely none O.o (I live in California). It should be coming Monday!

I got mine @ Costco for $149.99 and it came with home and car charger, 2 leather case, headphones and a case to put all the accessories

Ask these people who got it for a certain price if you can use their name and zipcode during your call. ATT just needs a name and zipcode to open your account, and they'll be able to see that this person did, in fact, get it for the price. I've delt with this company for 8 years. Sometimes they have amazing customer service and sometimes they don't give a ****. Either way, if you're persistent enough they will have no other choice but to give you what you know you can get.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567