Low light photo quality

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that in certain lower light environments the camera doesn't seem to function that well. Example, I was at an evening outdoor event last night and took a couple of shots of some friends where there was just lighting from lights placed at the top of the outdoor area. Every shot looked like I was shaking the camera or jittering which just isn't acceptable. Am wondering if anyone else experiences this with low light photos and if you've found a technique that improves it. Photos taken outdoors are spectacular though I sure wish the sensor on the flash would gauge the lighting better rather than flooding the area with too much light. There's definitely room for improvement with the photo software which I am assuming will be corrected when we get the Jelly Bean update.

Thanks.

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I've tried playing with the settings and so far nothing works. My Skyrocket took great pics but so far the SIII not so much unless the lighting is perfect.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
What's odd is that from what I read, Sammy uses the same camera sensor as the Iphone 4S, which takes better low light photos, though not by an order of magnitude. I don't think it's a hardware issue but instead the camera firmware. I think an update from Sammy would solve this and they might also include doing something about the sensor when using the flash. There's no need for the flash to go full power when all that might be needed is a little fill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC