S3 Screen Brightness - Dim in comparison.

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. Was thinking about going to the S3 but the screen compared to the htc one x is so much weaker. I did a side by side with both screens at max and the S3's whites looked like Greys. Huge difference. I read somewhere that Samsung made the max brightness limited to preserve battery life. Just wondering what your thoughts are, or if there is a hack to allow for greater brightness?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Two different screen technologies: Super AMOLED vs LCD. All LCD type screen are going to be brighter and whiter. The REAL question you need to ask yourself is of the MANY different elements that make up a decision about a device, which is most important? It appears you have an HTC One X already but you're obviously not satisfied. And it's understandable since there are SO many more features on the GS3 not to mention a LARGER REMOVABLE battery, microSD card (up to 64 gb), tons of motion gestures and a HUGE development community. I also felt the HTC screen was nicer but am VERY happy with my sexy red GS3. Nothing is perfect though so it's up to you what's most important as I said. Don't think there are any hacks, but you could check over in XDA.

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The best part about the GS3 I found was that the brightness control is right there at the notification area. I have auto brightness turned off. I change it manually depending up on where I am. It takes me 2 seconds.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually have mine set at the highest level and still get great battery life. My only gripe is I just wished viewing in sunlight was a bit better, but there's no such thing as a perfect device anywhere including the iPhone :)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I heard from another thread that using Lux Brightness makes the S3 visible in sunlight. Can anyone back this up? :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay