Purchased GS3 have a few concerns.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I just purchased a used (thought in like-new condition) GS3 through eBay. And I have a few questions I'd like to ask. My experience with previous Samsung devices was far from perfect (Skyrocket and two defective Nexuses) But this iPhone 4s is driving me crazy and it is a temporary solution anyway, I knew I was gonna come back to Android. So long story short, my questions are:
1 - Have any of you ever had serious problems with GPS on your GS3 when it would take a very long time to lock or wouldn't obtain a satellite fix at all. ( I had that happening with my Skyrocket after ICS update and on GNex too)
2- have any of you had any problems with your display? Any bright lines, artifacts, burn-ins or dead pixels? I know SuperAmoled displays sometimes have dark blotches on black background visible in a dark enviroment so I'm not really concerned about those I've had that on all my Samsung phones. I'm more concerned about any really noticeable defects like bright lines (had one on my GNex). And the last question is, The GS3 which I purchased is a locked AT&T phone so if I take it to AT&T store for a new sim card would I be able to put insurance on it as well? Your replies will be highly appreciated. thanks a lot!

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my GS3 only yesterday. 2 days of GPS and navigation use and it has worked flawlessly. My guess is GLONASS makes a difference in terms of getting a lock quickly. My old Craptivate didn't have it and was the worst smartphone ever in terms of using it for Maps or location services. The GS3 is in a different league altogether.

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I had that same GPS issue on my GS2 but I was relieved to find that it had been resolved on the GS3. I've never experienced the screen issues. That would be a deal breaker for me. I would be scared that more light would leak out.

I'm not quite sure about the insurance thing. I found some info on the at&t website that may help you though.

Find out if your device is eligible for enrollment in AT&T Mobile Insurance

If you have activated your device, or upgraded your service within the last 30 days, you can enroll in AT&T Mobile Insurance. To enroll, or to find out if your device is eligible for enrollment, follow these instructions: 1.

2. From the myAT&T tab at the top of the page, hover over the Wireless link and select the Mobile Phone Insurance link from the For Your Security heading.

3. Select AT&T Mobile Insurance. (Note: The feature will only appear if your wireless number meets eligibility requirements.)

4. Select Yes when asked if you want to enroll your device. If your device is eligible for insurance, you will be directed to review the Terms & Conditions of the policy.

5. Select Accept Insurance to agree to the terms and complete the transaction.

How to enroll in AT&T Mobile Insurance If you purchased a device within the last 30 days, you can enroll in AT&T Mobile Insurance directly from the .

Add or Change Services page

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys for your feedback! I hope my GS3 won't have any of the issues I used to have with previous Samsung phones. Thank you Quietkvj I'll check this out once I have the device. Hopefully I'll get lucky this time lol I'm hoping to stick with this phone for at least one year so the insurance is important here:)

BelindaR

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
No to both questions.

1) I'm also in a more rural area and don't lose GPS signal. I've used the Navigation app quite frequently since getting my S3 at launch as well and haven't had any GPS issues (unless I leave my car and go into a building) and I live in a rural area. There isn't a delay connecting, either.

2) No as well and as mentioned above, I've had my S3 since the AT&T launch. I've also had a CM Pop case constantly on it and screen protector and only have dropped it a few times on a hard surface. The only gripe I have about the screen is it not being bright enough to use in full sunlight, but otherwise it's not unusually dim indoors.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
thank you again guys i really appreciate all your replies. I also wanted to ask one more question, it's not that crucial to me though but anyway, I don't remember what sound chip was used on GS2 but my on Skyrocket i had a hissing sound in the headphones while listening to the music or even just touching the keys or icons. i've exchanged at least two devices and they all had the same thing. I didn't have that problem on Gnexus phones though.. So I hope the GS3 doesn't suffer from that. any feedback on that? thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance