New to the s3

Smidge710

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I recently purchased an s3 about a month ago and before that I had an HTC. I was just wondering what I should check out to get the most potential out of my device. Like task managers browsers anti virus etc. Also what Cool features does this thing have. I also was wondering what the pros and cons of rooting are and does it void warranty or insurance?

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Task manager is not needed. I use Chrome it sync's up with Chrome on my pc which is nice. Antivirus again not needed if you are smart about the sites and things you use. Just explore around your device in menu's and setting's that is the best way to discover new things.

HurtsBad

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Where would I find themes for these launchers and which do you recommend?

I personally like LauncherPro (found in Google play market) and I use the Droidicon app (also in Google market) to select from thousands of icons and docks to create endless varieties of themes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on the T-Mobile network.

Smidge710

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Also if you know of any guides on how to use the launchers that would be awesome

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I downloaded nova but idk what to do with it how to use it

HurtsBad

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I keep getting message launcher pro has stopped working. And it happens every time I restart... Any ideas?

Try going to your settings, application manager, click the ALL tab, scroll down to TouchWiz and then select it. Press clear data. Then press your home button, select launcher pro, and it should work.

HurtsBad

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've tried many launchers and IMO LauncherPro is the most reliable. I've never had force closes with it like many of the other launchers often give me. Also, I feel like your better off not having more than one third party launcher installed at a time. So if you still have nova installed or any others I'd delete them before continuing. It's all about personal preference and I like reliability mixed with custom icons and custom dock but little to no widgets at all. I like the pure android experience with no overlay and I feel like LauncherPro can replicate that better than any other launcher. You can try them all out one at a time for yourself but I suggest you do some reading up on what each one has to offer in the reviews section. However, most all reviews will tell you that the best launcher out there is still LauncherPro. Period. :D

Smidge710

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a couple questions about juice defender... If I'm using juice defender and my screen is off. I does this mean I am unable to receive calls/texts/notifications?.

Xanthious

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah ok. I used it quite a bit once upon a time. Been with Apple for the past year but just got a new S3 myself and was thinking of trying out another launcher. So Launcher Pro is the best bet then?