is it possible to unlock sprint sg3 for use on at&t's network?

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ello guys!

Sorry if this is a noob question but I was wondering if it is possible to unlock a sprint samsung galaxy s3 and use it on At&t's network? Is this possible? I found a cheap deal on the phone but I am not with sprint so not sure if I should buy it. Let me know, Thanks

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
No because sprint uses an internal simcard. You'd have to find a way to unlock it and essentially rewrite the internal sim to match an unused at&t sim. To my knowledge that's not gonna happen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
No sim doesn't mattery.. Ones cdma and one is gsm..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Sim totally matters. Every Verizon phone that came out within the past 6 months can roam globally. You can even flash the bionic to at&t.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah well the sprint s3 only carries the band's for sprints network and shares 1 with Verizon. You can do this with the s4 but not the s3. As the s3 sim is one of those non removable cdma only sims. If you open up the back of your phone, you'll find it buried under your info tag behind your battery. Warning: taking that tag off will void your warranty, as sprint to will assume you tried to remove the sim.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sim totally matters. Every Verizon phone that came out within the past 6 months can roam globally. You can even flash the bionic to at&t.

Verizon GS3s include a GSM radio. Sprint GS3s do not. It doesn't matter what you do with a SIM, you'll never get a Sprint GS3 to connect to a GSM network. Period.