Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Battery drained from 95% to 14% overnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering_Appleholic View Post
    I've had my S3 for two months with JD and was getting pretty good battery life but since I installed the recent AT&T OTA update, I can't make it a full day without my phone dying. I think it's the update that's causing the issue....
    I am having the same issues, it's getting a bit annoying....

Same issues here...Went to bed at 100% and woke up 6 hours later at 45%. I installed JD and giving it a few days to see if my battery life improves. Funny thing is that my wife's phone isn't having any battery issues...

UPDATE 10/10/12 - JD has been great! I'm able to get 12-14 hours of moderate use daily!

11pm last night was at 100% charge, by 7 am I was at 88%. Not horrible, but I much rather see it stay around 95% when not in use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    11pm last night was at 100% charge, by 7 am I was at 88%. Not horrible, but I much rather see it stay around 95% when not in use at all.
    I took mine off charger last night at about 2 am and when I got up today at 1030 (yeah I slept in, it's a long weekend!) I was at 98%. I am back on ICS after running the Bell JB leak (which was harder on battery but not as bad as the AT&T peeps are getting - in the same situation I would have been at 88-91% when I got up with the JB leak). Definitely sounds like something specific AT&T did.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk

I did a full reset this morning and it prompted me for update. I did the update and full reset again. Now I'm back with all my apps and whatnot. Will be monitoring the battery life. Because frankly, my battery kinda sucked before the update so i hope this will improve it. Oh and i also love the way they changed the browser when the menu key also brings up the address bar (finally! I was using an alternative browser just because this function was not there) And added a brightness control at the notification drop down menu

Update:
    I'd say in terms of battery life this update didn't bring anything new, nor did it make it worse either. Its just the same as it was before. I was hoping this update would bring back the universal search but alas not this time.

I'm on day 2 with my S3 and batt life is horrible. Installed JD last night and waiting to see. Could a poor LTE signal at home cause a problem? I'm on AT&T in SE lower Michigan.

ROM
    Non-rooted

Mine does the same if I have data/ wifi on.and automatic sync. But if none of those are on then its prolly a bug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I picked up Galaxy Note 2 on release day , Battery life was terrible during device sleep on wifi.
    In 8 hour sleep session 12-14% battery loss , I tweaked settings for days finally finding the culprit.
    Disable "Download Attachments"

After doing so I'm getting 2% loss in 12hours sleep wifi enabled.
    Hopefully this works for you GS3 owners as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drained from 95% to 14% overnight!-screenshot.png  
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

I never do auto synch email. That's for sure some form of battery loss. I just do it manually a few times a day.

hi there i ve had my s3 mini for a couple of days but i was a bit surprised how quickly the battery drops, i bet i the phone not set up correctly, would someone mind looking over the screen shots above, i have just installed JD this morning after reading this thread.

thanks

Yup thats the phone is. If I would have known, I would of stayed with iphone..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Robert, 22 minutes of time off charger isn't enough to tell anything. Show us what battery usage looks like when it's dropped to maybe 50%, and maybe we can tell something. In addition to the screens you've posted, when you post again show us two others: On the battery screen (the first one you posted), tap the chart at the top, and capture the screen that appears. Then go back to the battery screen, and tap on the Screen row, and capture that screen, too. Post all three here.

Also, you realize this isn't the S3 mini forum? We'll be happy to try to help anyway, but you might also want to post in the right forum.

Marie, most people get perfectly decent battery life out of the S3. If you have an issue you want to try to resolve, post the same information I asked Robert for. If you just want to complain, that's OK, too.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

sorry this is the same robert as before but i'm on a different laptop so signe din with my google account....

ok sorry for posting on the wrong forum, hopefully someone can offer up some advice as i was a bit disappointed with battery life.

had the phone a week or so now. Installed JD yesterday and got about 13hrs of ok use, tried deep battery saver program today and i think thats why the android OS percentage has gone up (not sure though) it run out of battery about 4pm so i had to put it on charge for an hour, then when i got home....

im now trying GO power saver to see if that makes any difference. I dont know whats best to do for syncing emails, every hour, every 15mins ...

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Let us know how juice defender is working for you. I have used that before on a Galaxy S3 and fixed my issues.

That looks like the dreaded AT&T battery plummet. Everything that's known about it is, I think, in this thread:

[Help][50% SOLVED] LTE = random heavy battery drain aka "plummet"
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

thanks both for replying, ever the impatient guy i tried Go power master battery saver today, and i reckon its helped, heres some screen shots. obviously playing with the phone alot more than i will do in the future.

so got a bit more out of it, i'm based in the UK on the 02 network if that helps

[BOX]Battery drained from 95% to 14% overnight!-screenshots_2013-08-31-21-25-201760872689.png[/BOX]

get rid of OTA and go back to Juice Defender
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12