Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIII gets REALLY hot

I've noticed that my SIII gets really really hot when I play games or use the internet alot. I have my phone in a otter box commuter could that be making it get so hot and has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Default Re: SIII gets REALLY hot

Mine gets hot whie charging. I have a new case with a battery on it and the mini usb on the bottom while it charges the phone gets super hot. The back of the phone gets hot too. I don't think this is normal. Any one else?

My GS3 only gets hot on the back side bottom when I am playing intense games like NBA Jam and TDKR. It has never happened when charging unless I am using the phone extensively while charging (rarely do that). Just charging, mine never gets hot/warm.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jostnyc View Post
    Mine gets hot whie charging. I have a new case with a battery on it and the mini usb on the bottom while it charges the phone gets super hot. The back of the phone gets hot too. I don't think this is normal. Any one else?
    My phone doesn't get hot while charging. I was just wondering if anyone else's phones get SUPER hot while browsing or playing games.

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Only gets hot when playing cpu intense hd games. Havent noticed the temp reach 120. Max has been 113.

Sent from my S3(:

Global Posts
    3,643 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Mine gets a bit warm when playing games. Doesn't seem to warm up while charging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Mine did the exact same thing and I had one of the ones with bad wifi too. If you've got both the same issues (heat and wifi problems) I'd suggest getting it replaced ASAP. Once it started it took three weeks till both the mobile data and wifi totally went out altogether, leaving only the actual phone portion working and not much else tbh. I got a really bad one first go round but my replacement is fine an heat isn't even noticeable now really even with heavier games in a Defender case (TDKR, Dead Trigger, Shadowgun, ect).
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I haven't had any wifi problems. It just gets really hot. I'm going to take it into AT&T to see if they have any idea what's going on. I'm probably going to replace it though.