email alert sounds

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I could use an answer for this question, as i'm going to upgrade from my Vivid to the SGS3...I have three email accounts, and i was wondering if i could attach a different alert tone (notification), to each one? Thanks in advance for any help.:)
P.S. My daughter can do this on her iPhone4, and she keeps teasing me.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Go into the settings for each email app. You should find an option to specify it's notification sound.

Also, just fyi, unless your question is urgent (e.g. your phone is scheduled to blow up in five minutes), it's bad form to bump a post after only a couple of hours.

HTH.

Sfrrr

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Go into the settings for each email app. You should find an option to specify it's notification sound.

Also, just fyi, unless your question is urgent (e.g. your phone is scheduled to blow up in five minutes), it's bad form to bump a post after only a couple of hours.

HTH.

Sfrrr
Sorry, i didn't mean to cause any trouble, and i really appreciate the help. Won't happen again.:D

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you getting the sounds you wanted where you wanted them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting the sounds you wanted where you wanted them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
Yes, but i'm also getting a voice telling me that i have a new email or message. I'm guessing that there's a built-in thing for when you're driving. I can't find it, to shut it off.LOL:confused:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Turn off driving mode.
O.K., that's the second setting that i can't find." Lock screen options" is not in the security folder, and i don't know where to find "driving mode"? Please help, as i love this phone, but am lost.:confused:

All good now. I guess DIY is the best way to go.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1