1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card question

So I'm new to android and I just purchased an SanDisk SD card. I can't figure out how to move thing to the card. I called Samsung customer support and the lady told me that I can't move an app to the catd unless it was at least 1g. This does not seem right to me. Is this correct?

I downloaded the app Move 2 SD and was not able to get that figured out.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: SD Card question

I'm having SD issues too. I was on a chat with Samsung for nearly 45 min last night and they told me the class 10 card I had would not work in the S III. What class is your card...2, 4, 6, 10? Could be similar issue. I just joined the forum today too and posted a question about this.

Are you trying to move pictures? Music? Apps?

- To move Photos to the SD Card, go to the camera app and make sure storage is set to "SD Card"...you can also do this by connecting the phone to the PC and doing it manually
    - To move music, you can connect your phone to your PC and manually move them to the SD card...a drive should come up
    - If you want to move apps, you could try using this app "App 2 SD", which should help

- If you want to manage specific files on your phone, you could get a file explorer app...you have to make sure you know what you are doing and don't move anything you are unsure of, this is the file explorer app I use "ES File Explorere"

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by X-Apple View Post
    I'm having SD issues too. I was on a chat with Samsung for nearly 45 min last night and they told me the class 10 card I had would not work in the S III. What class is your card...2, 4, 6, 10? Could be similar issue. I just joined the forum today too and posted a question about this.
    My class 10 works just fine,its a 32Gb one. Its made by samsung.

Sent from my S3(:

Yeah, I just had another chat with Samsung and this time I got "proof" that the class 10 is supported. She gave me this link and said go to page 3. I shows the MicroSD cards and you can plainly see the class 10 on the 32GB....but I ain't about to pay any $90 for it. Looks like I'm heading back to Fry's.

Thanks guys!

The app doesn't support a GS3
    It has to do with the way the GS3 handles an SD card as a secondary device. It actually says that in the apps description.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

It has been shown in other posts that ICS does not allow apps to the sd card. If it only works for apps over 1gb, that would be a first i have heard. Besides, how many apps in the play store surpass the 1gb mark.

As for a 32 gb card, i have one in my gs3, a samsung class 10. No issues with it.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums