Need some KILLER ADVICE???

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Galaxy S3 lovers,

I need some advice on what to do. I would love advice from non-biased people. I am debating on picking up the GSIII for a third time. I keep going back and fourth every couple months between this phone and the iphone 4S. I have also had horrible luck with the iPhone. I recently tried the iPhone 5, only for it to be defective. I sent it back. I also couldn't stand the form factor and how lightly it felt. I don't like where Apple is going with their phones. I really loved the 4S design. Anyway, AT&T just got LTE here and its really fast and I want to be able to use it. My problem is finding the right phone. I like Android a lot, but I also like the fluidity iOS has, and how polished the apps are.

Ok, here is where I am extremely frustrated. Before getting the iPhone 5 a weeks ago I sold my 4S. Well I had to pick up another iPhone 4S since I decided against the 5. I picked one up brand new on eBay from a reputable seller. Phone has AppleCare+ but has a major issue with the screen. I am currently awaiting a replacement from Apple. This is where I am so fed up. I have had three Galaxy S3's and all have been near perfect. I don't know what is going on with Apple's build quality.

I seem to get the GSIII and love it, but always take it back and go back to the stupid iPhone. I've tried and tried to stay with Android but I always go back. Then after a while with the iPhone 4S I crave an Android again. I think the Galaxy S3 is the superior phone with more features and better hardware.

So please, someone, tell me what to do??? I am just thinking of keeping both phones? This way I can switch off every so often, or perhaps see which one I prefer more, now that I'll have LTE. This time is different, because AT&T has my area blanketed with LTE. I also have the old smartphone unlimited plan, which has 5GB of data for $30.

I also have a few GSIII cases and 32GB sd card plus micro usb cables.

So bring on the advice :D

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Keep both, and screw your head on tight. :)
Honestly...make your own mind up. Nobody here is going to give you the right answer.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I think keeping both phones for you would be a best choice. I recently sold my (first and last) iphone 4s and got the GS3. I really liked the form factor of 4s and the glass/steel design. I still had 5.1.1 on it jailbroken because ios 6 is a complete POS. So I was serioualy thinking of keeping both phones especially that the same sim card fits in both. But regrettably i had to sell it to cover the GS3 purchase. Otherwise i'd have kept the 4s i think the 4s was the last successfull phone by Apple. Without Steve Jobs the company now is heading to a wrong direction. But i like the GS3 except its huge size. Its good to be back to android again. The GS3 is already packed with so many features that i think even iphone 10 won't have by the time it comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey man, don't feel too crazy. I've been there as well. make sure that AT&T won't charge you each time you switch phones from iPhone to a Samsung S 3. I think they may, although I maybe wrong. That is the case if you're switching between iPhone 5 and samsung S 3. For me, I couldn't go back to iPhone, after experiencing the past 3 screen. I found myself not taking my phone out as much with the iPhone. When I'm using the S 3, I find myself enjoying the phone so much. I even notice I'm on my computer and I Pad less, because the phone is so capable of browsing

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'd switch back and fourth between a 4S and GSIII. Both use a microsim so I'd be ok. The iPhone 5 uses a nano sim so there would be a problem. But I appreciate all the feedback I a getting. Would love to hear some more from people who constantly switch between the two devices.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Root and put a custom Vanilla android rom on SG3, profit. Jellybean aosp roms really turn the phone into a speed demon.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the other folks here.. If you can afford it have both of them. Personally now that I've had the GS3 for 6 or 7 weeks, I couldn't imagine going back to a phone with a screen smaller than 4.5". I think the iP5 is very fast, but it seems dinky compared to the S3. I will say that the iP screen is much better in sunlight than the Sammy, but the size, features, choices, customizing and more on the GS3 far outweighs the iP5 for me. I also have 2 cases for mine (Acase and Rearth) and lately have been rocking the Rearth which is very thin and makes me realize just how amazing a device packed with so many features can be so thin and fast.. Very cool :)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Get the s3,you wont regret it. And i am not being biased because ive been an htc fanboy for years,and never owned a samsung device and had not have appeal to me as the s3 does. Its all around the best out of my last htc devices i have owned,even better then my previous phone the htc one x. You cannot go wrong with the s3,really amazing phone.

Sent from my S3:)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They are both good phones, but the GS3 really offers more. Better camera features and effects, Big screen for watching videos, and you can even connect you PS3/X360 controller to play games on it

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I thank everyone for their advice. I think I'm just gonna do it and rip up my credit card so I can't return it haha. This will be my 4th Galaxy S III. Always loved it but the iPhone just kept swaying me. Its hard, but I think I'm gonna do it. Even if I could hold onto a GSIII for a month I'll be good.

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ive been an apple fangirl ;) for years, but after purchasing my first Android phone SGS3 I do not see myself going back to ios. If there was a quicker/easier way to send video messages this phone would be PERFECT!!!! :p good luck with yours!!!!

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Well after one day I'm already missing my iPhone. Already thinking of returning it. Not to mention my home button seems really wiggly/loose. ?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well after one day I'm already missing my iPhone. Already thinking of returning it. Not to mention my home button seems really wiggly/loose. ?
Lol man you are undecisive....force yourself to stick with it for at least 3 weeks and try and get used to it...learn all the things you can do with it, check out the camera and all the new effects, try out different themes from the Google Play store

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a tendency to switch back and fourth a lot as well. However the Gs3 is so functional I might actually stick it out. I had the iPhone 5 briefly and really prefer the Gs3 as it has been a fantastic device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek