notifications sound

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K., so my sms/mms notification works great, however it also goes off for calendar alerts, etc., and i think that i have a text message. Is there any way to split the notification profile, so that i have one sound only for text messages? Thanks for any help.:confused:

Got it, it's all good.:)

Last edited:

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
On my at&t GS3 it doesn't appear to be an available option with the stock ROM. There is one setting for ringtone and another for notifications. No choice for text/email/calendar differentiation.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you go into the messaging settings, you can change the SMS ringtone to whatever you want...just click the menu button when your in the Messaging app and click settings

I use GoSMS, which allows you to change the ringtone as well as the color of the LED to any color I want it to be...i suggest that messaging app instead of the stock one

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you go into the messaging settings, you can change the SMS ringtone to whatever you want...just click the menu button when your in the Messaging app and click settings

I use GoSMS, which allows you to change the ringtone as well as the color of the LED to any color I want it to be...i suggest that messaging app instead of the stock one

Yes. Even with the stock messaging app, you must change the notification tone within the messaging app settings, and NOT the system sound settings.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
On my at&t GS3 it doesn't appear to be an available option with the stock ROM. There is one setting for ringtone and another for notifications. No choice for text/email/calendar differentiation.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

For calendar sounds, go to the calendar app, then hit settings and scroll down. Everything you need should be right there. Same thing for messaging. Good luck.:)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
GS3 also has no option to separate SMS from e-mail,what am i missing?

You can use separate sounds for SMS and emails. Is that what you are trying to do? If you have more than one email account, you can also attach a separate sound for each one of them too. This phone is crazy good for customizing, right out of the box.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance