Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung s3 - 'your device does not support upgrading via kies'

I have an unlocked Samsung S3 from AT&T.I download Kies from Samsung website . Kies automatically detected a new Firmware and I updated it . Every thing went on Ok. Few days latter I got an OTA update from AT&T. I installed it. The Andriod Version I am currently running is 4.0.4 and Baseband version is I747UCLH9.
    Now when I connect S3 to Kies , I get this message on the Kies home page screen . I removed and installed Kies several times , but get the same message

My questions are
    1) Will this impact any future updates on my Phones. Will I be able to install Jelly Bean when it is avaliable.
    2) How do I rectify this problem.

I am new to Andriod. So please advise me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung s3 - 'your device does not support upgrading via kies'

Kies checks the status of the boot loader and firmware when the device is attached. If it detects something amiss, it will give this error.

It means that Kies does not see the phone as stock.

It will have issues with future updates, but there are ways to update without Kies. Whether it messes with OTA updates or not should be the question, as most carriers are going that route now.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info

I have an AT&T Galaxy S3, no mods, all original. I too am receiving this message since the OTA update. It worked perfect previous to this. Why would Kies think that I have done something to make it not stock?

Ditto, I haven't modded my gs3 either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Me too. Total stock and receive same error since last update.

I had connection issues since day one with S3 and KIES and after reading an online note about it, I switched to using the Samsung supplied USB cord, and all the sudden I was able to connect KIES to the phone just fine. Fluke? Maybe, but I'll keep using the cable for now to see.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I have opened a support ticket with Samsung to ask about the problem. I suspect that Kies just needs to be updated with the version from AT&T(which should have been included in the latest version of Kies from 2 days ago).
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Please let us know after you get response from Samsung

Guys, check this out I just got the official ICS Upgrade From AT&T - Page 9 - xda-developers
    I followed jack man's instructions to get kies to force download the ICS update and it worked out fine for me..

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I got a response, and the short version is that the support person does not have very good reading comprehension. So, I responded and said again that the problem is not that I can't get my phone to work with Kies, but that Kies does not let us update because the OTA update from AT&T is not recognized as legit by Kies. I am waiting on a new response.

I have the same issue, did you get any new reponse??
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by vizquin View Post
    I have the same issue, did you get any new reponse??
    It's telling you this because there is no update available. When the next OTA becomes available, fire up Kies and it should show the update.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

No new response....

I have same issue but my phone is Galaxy IIIs model number GT-I9300. Baseband version: I9300XXLEF. My USA service provider is ATT. ATT was no help what so ever! They referred me to Samsung HongKong. I purchased the phone in China (Hong Kong). Samsung HongKong replied to my email that I should contact ATT. See their response below.

This is an E-mail from Customer Service Department of Samsung Electronics H.K. Co. Ltd.
    Thank you for your enquiry. For overseas customer, please contact our colleagues in your living country for further assistant, kindly refer to the following hyperlink for more information related to our offices in other countries. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Visit Your Country Site - SAMSUNG
    Thank you for your supporting to Samsung product.
    Should you have further enquiry, please free feel to contact us at (852)3698-4698 or visit ??????