Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By emathed
  • 3 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 1 Post By smooth4lyfe
  • 2 Post By danbee46
  • 1 Post By trids
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help!!! Why can I not send a video message on my phone?

I recently bought my galaxy s3 but I cannot send a video message bc the clip it's too long. Is there a way to send a video without having to use Dropbox or YouTube is there an app i need? I would hate to return my phone back just to get an iPhone just for this service but if I cannot send video messages through text then what is the point of having a samsung galaxy s 3?

Your advice or help is appreciated thanks so mucb!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Sally Clark likes this.

Default Re: Please help!!! Why can I not send a video message on my phone?

You can send video messages, but they have to be a certain size. iPhone has this same rule, except they allow you to clip the video
    When making videos on the GS3, you can set a video to "Limit for MMS" in the camera settings, which will make sure you do not go voer your MMS limit

You could also edit the video shorter by using this app which you can use to trim the video using Vid Trim
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...QuVmlkVHJpbSJd

OR

You can try this Video shrinker, which will decrease the size of your video to fit in an MMS, but it will also lower the quality..it does work though
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...VzaHJpbmtlciJd
    Thanked by 5:
    mssca, emathed and Sally Clark like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you so much for your help!!! Do you think it's worth keeping the Galaxys3 with this minor glitch? The iphone I had did not have this problem. I'm just curious if you think it's worth keeping a phone like the s3. I've never owned an Android, but so far I love it except for not being able to hurry and take vidoes and send them like with an iphone.

Its not worth trading for it. The GS3 is an overall better phone in many ways (unbiased opinion)...even with your MMS problem, it can easily be fixed by changing some settings, so its no worries

Also you can quickly take MMS videos and send them...all you have to do is when you go to your camera, change the setting to "Limit for MMS", and then you can shoot a video and send it to ur messaging app right away! It's just as easy as the iPhone
    Thanked by:
    emathed likes this.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

To get to that setting when in the camera app, go to settings and then recording mode.
    Thanked by:
    smooth4lyfe and emathed like this.

you can also use another SMS client. for example GoSMS let's you take a picture, sound clip, video or file ... and sends it with a regular (text) SMS by uploading the file to their server temporarily, and inserts a link into your SMS that the recipient can use to download the file. very clever, and avoids clunky MMS!

Look for Go SMS Pro on Google Play
    Thanked by:
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Another thing that is frustrating about sending video via text is that the video quality looks like crap, meaning you can see all the little squares. My iphone would produce crystal clear video's that I would send friends and family. Is there anything to do to adjust the quality?

Signed.....Totally bummed

My SG3 still won't let me send videos after changing the settings... I made a 3 second video just to see if it would send and it STILL said that the message was to large... this is annoying. I have this so called amazing phone, but it can't do a simple thing like send video messages? Is there an app to download so you can send videos to people? I'm so annoyed.

If you are not using the MMS setting in the phone it will be too large. The best thing is to use a Cloud Service and upload the vid, then send a text with a link. The file size is usually set by the Carrier. It can range anywhere from 2-5 MB. I have a 4 second video and the file size is 8.66 MB.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)

I just switched from the Iphone and this is the only thing that bugged me about my galaxy also, however I got drop box today and LOVE IT!! it takes a second but its worth it, I sent my son a 19mb video with no problems and the quality was good. I am not going to change my phone over this I am just finding new ways to send and I think with the drop box I have found it and the trade off is a good one hope that helps