Verizon S3 on AT&T network?

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I know that Verizon is not a GSM provider, but I understand that their version of the S3 does take a SIM card...so, will it work on AT&T's network if it's new and unlocked and I pop my SIM card in it?

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It won't work. Uses different frequencies and Att is GSM and Verizon is CDMA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It won't work. Uses different frequencies and Att is GSM and Verizon is CDMA.

If its a world phone via software update like rezound, it WILL work. Won't know unless u know someone with an at&t sim card and try it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If its a world phone via software update like rezound, it WILL work. Won't know unless u know someone with an at&t sim card and try it

This is what I want to hear....I am with AT&T....I'm getting married on Sat, my fiance's matron of honor's husband got me a brand new Verizon G3 through a hook up at Verizon.....not knowing that I was with AT&T....so, when they get here tomorrow, I will try it. I just wanted to try to get some info beforehand.

Now, where do I get the software..Rezound?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is what I want to hear....I am with AT&T....I'm getting married on Sat, my fiance's matron of honor's husband got me a brand new Verizon G3 through a hook up at Verizon.....not knowing that I was with AT&T....so, when they get here tomorrow, I will try it. I just wanted to try to get some info beforehand.

Now, where do I get the software..Rezound?

No, the rezound has it built in. I'm NOT saying that the s3 does. Just try a att sim card and see if it works. If it don't, sell it(can get around $400 or so) and grab one for at&t

queberican351

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
FYI - just tested, YES, the verizon S3 will work natively for talk/text on AT&T or Straight Talk.
Power down, insert AT&T Sim card
Boot
Connect to WiFi and download "Phone Info" from the Play Store
Open and select phone information
change network to WCDMA Preferred
Wait a couple minutes and network shows up as Edge
Need to edit the APN Conf file to get data and MMS working.
There you have it. Have fun
SU!C!D3

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
FYI - just tested, YES, the verizon S3 will work natively for talk/text on AT&T or Straight Talk.
Power down, insert AT&T Sim card
Boot
Connect to WiFi and download "Phone Info" from the Play Store
Open and select phone information
change network to WCDMA Preferred
Wait a couple minutes and network shows up as Edge
Need to edit the APN Conf file to get data and MMS working.
There you have it. Have fun
SU!C!D3

Do you have to have the phone unlocked? And will it only work on EDGE, or would it work on 3G?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon ROM in my AT&T phone...the ROM works on CDMA and GSM frequencies the only difference is Verizon uses their CDMA network for voice and 3G and AT&T uses their HSPA network for calls and 3G

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The ROM you are using has the capability to select the carrier correct? I would hate to see someone go out and find a Verizon ROM they like only to flash and brick their phone

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Being that the Verizon sim doesn't work in my AT&T Galaxy S3. I'd say no. I unlocked my phone and was able to put another friend's sim--from some company I'm not familiar with--into my phone and it was fine.

When I tried another friend's Verizon sim, it gave me the no network symbol.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Being that the Verizon sim doesn't work in my AT&T Galaxy S3. I'd say no. I unlocked my phone and was able to put another friend's sim--from some company I'm not familiar with--into my phone and it was fine.

When I tried another friend's Verizon sim, it gave me the no network symbol.
The Verizon Sim is for their LTE only.

sog805

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not true. Using my galaxy s3 from verizon on AIO wireless. Doesn't pick up 3g. Everything else works.

What all did you have to do to get your vzw gs3 on AIO? I have the same phone and ready to ditch vzw but want to make sure AIO will work first. So I'm guessing you get HSPA+ speeds but not 3g or LTE? thanks

codingace

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
If I could get at least 3G, I would use my Verizon Galaxy s3 (SCH-I535) on AIO, Straight Talk or Tracfone). I am tired of paying the price for cell service.

Patrick Bostian

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
hey you genius. downloaded that phone info thing, but im not seeing WCDMA. only Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UMTS. spend like an hour on the phone with AT&T tech support yesterday about issues with MMS and they're still not resolved. I can text and call, but not getting my data, or MMS capability. what can i do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad