Micro SD card...

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my first Android phone a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I was wondering what kind of memory card should I buy? I'm new to all of this so your help is appreciated...thanks!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

emathed

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks!! I'm basically just wanting to store pictures, videos, and music. Do you think a 16g is ok?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks!! I'm basically just wanting to store pictures, videos, and music. Do you think a 16g is ok?

16GB is a good size! I have a 16GB and I have over 20 albums on my phone plus a lot of pictures and I still have space

I would recommend a MicroSDHC card by Sandisk, Kingston, or Samsung

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well it really depends on how much you are planning to put on it. I personally have alot of music so even the 64gig sdcard i have is not even close to being enough. Even so you can get quite a bit on it. Given the online prices i wouldn't bother with anything less then 32gig. Hell even a 64gig is only 50-60. its a good investment even if your not gonna use it all.

Beyond simply storing media on the card... also consider if you plan on using the camera alot. I record video quite often so the sdcard comes in handy considering a few minutes of video comes to about 1gig or so.

Beyond all that there is some debate of the class of memory card. Some people will say you should get a class 10 but im using a 6 with no issue at all.

Also there is no need to format it beyond what your phone will do once you put it in.

riderrick65

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
MY SG3 is about a month old, and I purchased a San Disk Ultra 32 gb micro SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 memory card. I was told in this forum to @ least get 32 gb if not 64, but I felt 32 would do me just fine.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
MY SG3 is about a month old, and I purchased a San Disk Ultra 32 gb micro SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 memory card. I was told in this forum to @ least get 32 gb if not 64, but I felt 32 would do me just fine.

I purchased the exact same one as riderick65, and after one week its been working great with no problems, after storing music & pics & files & videos on it. I'm a newbie too, so I'd guess I'd pretty much agree with all the others--- who say that, due to the price, you might as well get a 32GB. You can find the [32GB San Disk Ultra microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1] like riderick65 & I purchased--- for approx. $23. - $25., unless they've already dropped in price some more.

And, no formatting needed. Just pop it in and it works great.

Last edited:

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought a class 4 32gb SanDisk and after 2 months just crapped out on me... I bought a class 10 to replace it as other forums / people were claiming success. Well, 3 weeks and I have no problems.... But I was kinda ticked my card ended up being a $20 guitar pick. I originally bought the card from Amazon, but SanDisk was the retailer and so I called SanDisk, explained my issue and now they're sending me a new one.

I then called At&t and explained how their latest update fried my card (the truth) and how I lost pictures and videos and other files that are irretrievable also very @$?#'n true!!!!! ..... They gave me a credit of $97.... I was shocked.... The DeathStar did something nice.... Isn't the lost pictures of my late boxer Rya, but it was a kind gesture!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a 32gb class 4 that I bought for my GSII I've had no problems at all. BUT if I happen to come across a good deal on one that's a class 10 at 32gb I'll probably get it. Oh yeah forgot it's Sandisk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12