1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with Display

Up until today, there have been absolutely no problems with the display (or any other aspect) of my S3. However, I woke up today and I see that the right third of my display is tinted bright green (just tinted, so no a solid green where I can't see anything). The other two thirds of the screen is slightly tinted pink (or light red). Then, at the top of the screen, there is a small blue patch that is just solid blue, not even tinted. And a small portion next to that is just completely black. Otherwise, it functions fine. I can call people, text people, use apps and the internet. The touch-pad works perfectly everyone as well.

Do you guys have any idea wtf this could be or what caused it? I never drop it (and I assume no one else dropped while I was sleeping because there are no scratches or cracks). There is no water damage either. It's not rooted. This randomly occurred over night. Do you guys have any idea how to fix it? Should I even try bringing it/calling ATT? Or are they gonna give some BS and refuse to replace it?

Default Re: Problem with Display

Hmmmm try restarting the phone by turning it off and taking the battery out for about 1 minute and turning it back on and see if it fixes it...if not you should try taking it to the AT&T store
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea that's the first thing I did but that didn't change anything. It is weird, it seems to be getting worse and the screen is less clear now. I'll definitely take it there tomorrow, I was just wondering if there was anything that was obviously wrong because I really don't know a lot when it comes to diagnostics for phone problems. Thanks though.

Do u leave ur screen on 100 percent brightness? I hear something about screen burn but not too sure what it is though... Definitely take it in though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Usually I have it on auto brightness, which is definitely not 100%, it's probably around 50% most of the time.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Of course now the display just wont turn on. The notification LED, vibrate, volume, etc so i know the phone is on, it just won't show anything. Of course, I call the ATT store by me and they don't even pick up.

Yeah that's definitely a hardware issue... U should go to the AT&T near ya and get it checked

- Using the Galaxy S5! -

U sure it didn't get wet somehow? Rain maybe or even exposed to a lot of heat? Was there any pressure put on the screen like accidentally sitting on it or something?

- Using the Galaxy S5! -

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

You should contact warranty department and get it replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

only issue my phones had is black specs when the screen is off, but when its on i have not issues, or tint which has happened on a few other phones I've owned but those were caused by placing just enough pressure on the screen..., hope you get that fixed though.