Htc one x+ vs att s3

BCShakarov

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm really on the fence between these 2 phones. Most reviews I read forget that the US S3 has a different processor when comparing phone. But considering the upcoming one x+ will be a newer phone would you still choose the s3?

I personally like the Sense ui which is one reason Im considering the HOX+ that and the tegra3

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. I had the original One X, but I switched it for the GS3 because of limited storage. I think I'd probably pick the One X+ if I were choosing now though. For starters, the design of the One X+ is far, far better than the GS3 to me. The screen is miles better than the GS3's screen and I like Sense UI a little more than TouchWiz. I think the camera is a little better on the One X line too. Battery life would probably be better with the GS3 since it has an S4 processor versus the quad core one in the One X+. These are things that are important to me, but it could be different for you.

Edit: I neglected to mention HTC's treatment of multitasking. It was another big factor in why I decided to switch to the GS3.

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the one x too but switched for storage space,and im debating on gettin' the one x+ cause the s3 is an awsome phone but the one x+ looks awsomer lol..

Sent from my S3:)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I also had a HOX. Here are my issues that I had with it.

1) Limited space. Not to much much of an issue but will be toward the end of its life. Even more so if you take a lot of pictures and video.

2) Cant remove the battery. Again toward the end of its life. If the battery goes south then I will need a new phone!

3) Multitasking issue. I know I know...Its how HTC wants it but its NOT how I want it. I thought with the HOX+ they would had added the extra 1gig of RAM and done away with how Sense works in the background. (This is my biggest issue to be honest.)

So these are just some small issues! I ended up going with the S3. Samsung just did it right to be honest. I mean you can have a bad ass phone but if it can not multitask at the end of the day I don't want it. As long as Sammy keeps going down the road they are on...I will continue to take a look at their devices first! Much like I did with HTC until they change their ways. But hey that's just me!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They are both great! But my only downside with the One X is the lack of a MicroSD card slot, which is very important to me...also doesn't have LED notification which to me is very useful

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had that One X (twice) and kept switching back to the GS3. Samsung has loaded a bunch of features like SmartStay that I really like.

cmallow

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have them both and what ever you decide, you can won't be making a mistake. I do perfer the the S3 but for not what you would think. I like the home button.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
same dilemma here.. is it worth waiting for the one x+ or should i get the s3?.. and with the s3 prices falling, it's tempting just to get a s3.. but as cgardner mentioned, my biggest issue would be the multitasking issue with the one x.. does anyone know if that will be 'fixed' with the one x+?.. also, comparing these phones, is it better to have a 2 gb RAM or the quad core processor?..

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had both the HOX and the S3 the HOX is a great device with a far superior display. However what made me switch was the call volume was too low. I hated the multi tasking as well. In the end I have found the S3 to be the superior device for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
the only plus i see with the One X+ is the tegra 3 processor, But from what i have read it doesnt get along well with LTE processors, obviously if they are releasing it they have fixed that issue but WHY do you need that powerful of a processor in a 4.7" screen?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
IMO the HOX battery life isn't something you'd write home about, and I don't think adding that quad core monster will help. Fingers crossed NVIDIA has tamed the beast :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
the only plus i see with the One X+ is the tegra 3 processor, But from what i have read it doesnt get along well with LTE processors, obviously if they are releasing it they have fixed that issue but WHY do you need that powerful of a processor in a 4.7" screen?

Question is why wouldnt you.? Alot of people use their devices for their hardware. For games and such,i play nds games on my gs3 but tho it has the best dual core processor around it still lacks the ability to fully emulate the actuall speed of the ds,yes it runs pretty good,but not up to speed with it. With the Quad core cpu almost anything will be able to be done with a android smartphone. (Well faster anyways lol)

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Question is why wouldnt you.? Alot of people use their devices for their hardware. For games and such,i play nds games on my gs3 but tho it has the best dual core processor around it still lacks the ability to fully emulate the actuall speed of the ds,yes it runs pretty good,but not up to speed with it. With the Quad core cpu almost anything will be able to be done with a android smartphone. (Well faster anyways lol)

i guess for me it just seems pointless having the tegra 3 in a phone because i already have a tegra 3 in my tablet. to each his own though, i dont think i would buy one unless of course Samsung galaxy S4 has a newer rendition of the Tegra Processor when it comes out, Tegra4, lol

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have both devices and as mentioned previously the 1X screen is better IMO than the S3's - Also on the S3 the stock browser is to dull with no way to brighten it without changing to another browser

alexcatanzaro

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
i had the HOX, and switched to the S3. My battery life was not impressive with the HOX to say the least. Battery is solid on the S3, but touchwiz... yeah its nothing that great imo.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what came over me today but I ditched the galaxy nexus for the GSIII. I also changed carriers. Was kinda fine with Verizon. Went with AT&T. So far I'm really liking it. The keyboard is really bad though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22