Help with Data on S3

fnfowler

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've tried searching around this forum as well as some others and cant seem to find an adequate answer. I just recently purchased an s3 to see if it can compete with my iphone 4s. I have the unlimited iphone data plan through AT&T and would prefer to not lose that seeing as I use around 4/5 gigs of data a month. I switched over the sim card from iphone and everything worked well (text, calls, voicemail) except for data. I have tried everything from turning off the phone to turning off the data. I also tried turning off LTE so it was just running on 3g. Nothing works or recognizes the data plan I have. I wanted to see if any of you guys have any suggestions as I'd prefer to avoid AT&T since they'd switch me off my unlimited plan. If I can't seem to find a reasonable solution other than switching to an outrageous priced 2/3/5 gig data plan, I'll just stick to my iphone. Thanks in advance for the help.

jpetty

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Call AT&T. Its not the phone its your data plan. I switched from an iphone 4 to the s3 and nothing has changed. Its the same now for all smart phones and Im grandfathered in. I got the unlimited data and text.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'd go with the device with more internal storage. I passed on the original one x because of the lack of expandable memory, and the 16gb model that AT&T offered just wasn't going to cut it. Both devices are a win in my book. Can't lose either way.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah u would pretty much be switching phones if u just switched ur SIM card. Unless ur on a family plan or a friend who also has AT&T let's u use his SIM card, there is no way around it really

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I switched from Blackberry Torch phones to Sammy G3s about a month ago. We DID NOT lose our grandfathered in unlimited data plan