Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: New here and I already apologize for the questions

One other thing i forgot to add...I love having an LED on the phone, at a glance i can see if anything needs my attention without turning the phone on.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

^ Is this by any chance the same SpartanRob that used to be on HoFo years ago? If so, Hey Rob, it's me Nextel1996.

To the OP. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread but it sounds like you got what you needed already. GS3 is a no brainer device. Absolutely love mine. If you need any recommendations for cases, skins or apps, don't hesitate!

Same guy! Nice to 'see' you

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Awesome. Just ran into UrbanStrata on Twitter. Small world. Hope all is well. Congrats on GS3. I went from iPhone to Android and never looked back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    spartanrob1 likes this.

Let us know how everything turns out. I personally came from BB and I have never looked back. I wanted to wait for next BB phone but they kept pushing back the release date. So I said forget that! What got me convinced to switch was I played around with a demo s3 at a local futureshop. And I was amazed how fast everything loaded. Like websites and such. Because my BB Torch 9800 took so long to load. Especially when you tried to zoom in, it still need to load!

To the OP, have you considered trying the Note 2? You seem to be on business end of things. Now I don't know the advantages and disadvantages but it's another option for you to think about.

Good luck!

Well, I figured I would address bluetooth issue. I have a honda accord 2013 and bluetooth and phone work great. In fact, I had my car running to warm up and went to get something out of the car and my music from bluetooth was playing already & the phone was in the house. Very impressed with that. On my car, it also lists song, etc. so don't know if that's a function of Honda electronics or S3 electronics since someone said My Ford Touch/Sync doesn't play as nice as mine does.

I currently am using a Captivate (Galaxy S1) and unless something has been changed on the S3 (which I doubt) you do not need to use GMail to sync & have auto push through of MS Exchange Server email. When setting your Exchange Server email up by entering the appropriate incoming/outgoing server info you can select auto push through. When you do it this way it has nothing to do with GMail. If you also use your GMail account it is a separate account from the Exchange Server account. The Exchange Server email account will also have all of your folders just as you do in Outlook. Your Outlook PC calendar will sync with your phone but if you want to have the phone calendar sync with Outlook (i.e. make a calendar entry on the phone and have it sync w/ your Outlook calendar on your PC) you need an app on the phone and its corresponding program installed on your PC. MyPhoneExplorer is a free app and there are several paid apps that have additional phone/PC Outlook synching capabilities. You can view them online @Google Play. I use my phone almost 100% for business use and have found it to be completely satisfactory. Two other apps I highly recommend are 1) CamScanner which allows you to use the camera to scan documents and 2) through Dropbox have those scanned documents instantly on your PC. Both of those are free. I also highly recommend using Carbonite for cloud PC backup ($59/year) which comes with Carbonite Mobile for your phone. This allows you to access any document/picture on your PC from the phone. I am greatly looking forward to getting my S3 hopefully for free on Black Friday. If not free then $49! You will definitely not be disappointed with the available business capabilities.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12